Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

2 hours ago, sage said:

"Burgundy pour, rupturing head falling to a small film. Bogglingly complex nose. Sweet dried cherries and fig, cola, caramel, red apple, baking spice, dark bread, floral, estery fruits, very delicate clove (thank god). Seemingly an enigma. Complex yet simple. Flavor is sweet ripe black cherries, whole grain bread, raisin and date, slight illusion of cocoa, estery spice strategically appears to contrast sweet notes, an utterance of earthiness. As of less than a week ago, I’ve been a non-believer in Belgians. Delirium Nocturnum opened my eyes. Now I tried this. My mind, soul, and palate are satisfied and illuminated to the world of Belgian ales. Sincere complexity, sweet, but not cloying, a true testament to the ale.

Cripes

I have a callblocker device on my phone. I got a call last night at 8.35 no less (not having a dump), from an 0858 number, whatever that is.

My technique is to lift the handset and listen. There was the usual background chatter you get from sales rooms/call centres then a hesitant voice with a foreign accent said 'ello'.

Not being in the mood for sport I had the equally great satisfaction of pressing the blocker button which,at a stroke, cuts them off and blocks their number for ever!

There's a site called 'whocallsmefrom' where you can look up previous cases, just in case I had inadvertently blocked a Nigerian benefactor offering to reconcile me with the $2,000,000 I was entitled to.

Codswallop, those meaningless utterences from jounalists intoxicated with the exuberance of their own verbosity.

Here's a classic. Perhaps they deserve their own thread.

From Rio: ‘In those moments, Farah seemed to embody the best of the London Games. Before the lurch backwards to Brexit and all the fear and xenophobia it carried with it, Farah’s popularity seemed to be the embodiment of a new inclusivity.’ Oliver Holt, Mail on Sunday. (Committed Remoaner, apparently)

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Codswallop, those meaningless utterences from jounalists intoxicated with the exuberance of their own verbosity.

Here's a classic. Perhaps they deserve their own thread.

From Rio: ‘In those moments, Farah seemed to embody the best of the London Games. Before the lurch backwards to Brexit and all the fear and xenophobia it carried with it, Farah’s popularity seemed to be the embodiment of a new inclusivity.’ Oliver Holt, Mail on Sunday. (Committed Remoaner, apparently)

Wow, stew my plum puddings. You are on fire in a Mr Pickwick kind of a way.

Yorkshire (again). The regional news have been banging on all week about where Yorkshire finished in the Olympic medal table. Sorry guys, I didn't realise you'd seceded from the UK and were funding all your own athletes independently. You'd think they could just be happy about the UK's greatest ever Olympic performance, but no, it has to be all about Yorkshire as usual. 1487 called, you lost, get over yourselves.

I'm interested to know from people who live in other parts of the country if their regional news shows have compiled their areas medals separately.