The Ref Bashing Thread.

Boycie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Like to think if Clayton had been sent off when he should've been the outcome might've been different, but I doubt it.

Nah, would have been more embarrassing.

naymind, apparently it’s only a game. ?

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive. We can both have a ***** ref, and be ***** ourselves. Today was one of those occasions.

I agree. We were second best for all but the first 10 minutes so no complaints about the defeat. But once again, just because there was virtually no PL programme, we were burdened with having to put up with supposedly one of the better referees who just seemed to make mistake after mistake. His demeanour was one of outright arrogance - "I'm a top referee and therefore my decisions are correct". His linesman on the East Stand side was almost as bad.

It's hard enough accepting your team just isn't good enough but poor officiating just rubs salt into the wound.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Deluded, typical Derby fans can't see the bigger picture. The ref may or may not have been perfect today but blaming him is not worth it. The team were poor as they have been since christmas.

Most of those criticising the ref accept that we were second best so not many appear to be blaming him by having an affect on the outcome - doesn't hide ineptitude on the officials part.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Most of those criticising the ref accept that we were second best so not many appear to be blaming him by having an affect on the outcome - doesn't hide ineptitude on the officials part.

We have had poor refs all season long, today wasn’t any different, that’s just the standard of refereeing in general in the championship in every game. That’s why none of our English refs were selected to go to the World Cup, because they aren’t good enough. If our best refs aren’t good enough, what hope have the championship refs got. That’s why I want VAR to be introduced.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

For me the robbed us of 3 points gave boro everything little thing how the hell did boro have 11 men on the pitch in the end. Well you are happy ref thanks a lot.

B4, I love reading your posts, I wish old age and cynicism hadn’t robbed me of your boundless enthusiasm for Derby. But on this occasion I must disagree with your assessment of us being “robbed”. We were 2 nd best by a country mile. The ref was poor, but he didn’t cause that result, we did it to ourselves 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We have had poor refs all season long, today wasn’t any different, that’s just the standard of refereeing in general in the championship in every game. That’s why none of our English refs were selected to go to the World Cup, because they aren’t good enough. If our best refs aren’t good enough, what hope have the championship refs got. That’s why I want VAR to be introduced.

Agree we (and the referees) need VAR but for me the biggest indictment of current refereeing standards is, with only 2 PL matches today, one of the guys in charge was Stuart Attwell - that says everything about the dearth of talent.

32 minutes ago, Doodle said:

B4, I love reading your posts, I wish old age and cynicism hadn’t robbed me of your boundless enthusiasm for Derby. But on this occasion I must disagree with your assessment of us being “robbed”. We were 2 nd best by a country mile. The ref was poor, but he didn’t cause that result, we did it to ourselves 

Well I throught derby played the better football end off.

The ref was equally incompetent for both sides. Not biased, just bloody awful.

No excuses to be found there I'm afraid.

Sith Happens

The officials were poor indeed, but no decisions really affected the outcome.

We weren't that bad, boro were better. If we had played like we did today against Sunderland and burton we would be 6 points better off.

We can't pick and choose the games we try hard in. 

Archived