The Ref Bashing Thread.

Boycie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Deluded, typical Derby fans can't see the bigger picture. The ref may or may not have been perfect today but blaming him is not worth it. The team were poor as they have been since christmas.

To be fair mate, it's only really B4 that doesn't see the bigger picture.

But to cheer up, I like the free kick we got second half, plus booking to their player when it was originally flagged as offside. Lino put his flag down quite quickly but the offside takes precedence.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

We have had poor refs all season long, today wasn’t any different, that’s just the standard of refereeing in general in the championship in every game. That’s why none of our English refs were selected to go to the World Cup, because they aren’t good enough. If our best refs aren’t good enough, what hope have the championship refs got. That’s why I want VAR to be introduced.

This isn't true. World Cup referees are awarded on a 24 month window. Our current nomination was Mark Clattenburg until he decided to go for the sun/money. We tried to nominate others (Oliver, Atkinson, not sure on the other two) but FIFA wouldn't change their stupid rule, so hence, Clattenburg messed everyone around.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, needles said:

The ref was equally incompetent for both sides. Not biased, just bloody awful.

No excuses to be found there I'm afraid.

I think he made shed loads of mistakes but mostly against us. One time he missed two fouls in quick succession on nugent, let play go on, then booked wisdom for a Much less obvious foul when boro broke. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

The ref didn’t make Keogh lose his man completely for the second.

Prior to the second goal didn't Shotton take out Weimann after he crossed the ball? Nugent got booked for going in late in the first half yet Shotton went unpunished no foul said the ref. I'm not sure whether it was in the box either.

PistoldPete2
11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair mate, it's only really B4 that doesn't see the bigger picture.

But to cheer up, I like the free kick we got second half, plus booking to their player when it was originally flagged as offside. Lino put his flag down quite quickly but the offside takes precedence.

Yes I saw that one too. Of course he could have over ruled the offside. And the Lino may have over ruled him when he signalled for a free kick fir us which wasn't given. The whole thing was a shambles. 

Archived