Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

C'mon it's just looking like me at the moment, the only Aberdeenshire Ram watching this in the Keywest pub, Westhill, Aberdeenshire along with 3 Wolves fans, who's going to join me? in the pub's away end or am I going to have to take em all on, on my own?.......... 

KP Salted Peanuts all over the shop!

"We are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams".........

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

zsn0ad.jpg

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2018 at 01:09, RiddingsRam said:

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Them mighty Rams 7.45pm kick off on 11/4/18 at Molineux.

Oooh I'm a bit late , no excuses totally forgot didn't expect to still be on. 

Anyway tough task as we know Wednesday and in front of them darn sky cameras again(I suppose it works in my favour this game though as unfortunately can't make it). 

Same team again for me , couldn't fault a single player Saturday and the balance in the team looks the best it's looked all season. 

I'd take the point but three would be great. COYR ?

Yes a draw is best we can hope for against an excellent Wolves side. Would be very pleased with a point and it would give a better indication of where we are as a team than the 3-0 win against a very weak Bolton Wanderers who offered no resistance. 

I Would take a draw now, but we can afford to go there and attack them if we feel up to it. Wolves are shaky at the back and aren't playing like they were early to mid season. I would rather see an enternaing 3.1 loss than a battling draw. 

8 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

I Would take a draw now, but we can afford to go there and attack them if we feel up to it. Wolves are shaky at the back and aren't playing like they were early to mid season. I would rather see an enternaing 3.1 loss than a battling draw. 

Gary seems to think we tried to play too much against Sunderland ( still shaking my head at how he thinks that) so doubt that he’s going to be giving those instructions away at wolves.

17 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Gary seems to think we tried to play too much against Sunderland ( still shaking my head at how he thinks that) so doubt that he’s going to be giving those instructions away at wolves.

I watched some of it again as a punishment.

in the first 35 minutes there was only one occassion when we managed more than three consecutive passes in their half. The average number of successfully completed passes in their half was about 2.5. I don't remember a single shot on target (could be wrong).

(i stopped watching after that)

perhaps he thinks we should be even more direct. 

11 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

C'mon it's just looking like me at the moment, the only Aberdeenshire Ram watching this in the Keywest pub, Westhill, Aberdeenshire along with 3 Wolves fans, who's going to join me? in the pub's away end or am I going to have to take em all on, on my own?.......... 

KP Salted Peanuts all over the shop!

"We are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams".........

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

zsn0ad.jpg

I am actually going with a Wolves fan and in the home end...join the club....

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

13 consecutive passes in their half.

Eerrrgghh.

2nd goal v Bolton had 9 consecutive passes in their half, 12 in total if you count the 3 in our own.

Weimann maybe should have turned back round, played the ball back instead of the through ball to Nugent which cut through their defence.

Collect the 4 extra passes before we stick it in the net. Just because.

As for tonight, best we can hope for is 3 points, not a draw. It’s a game of football between 2 teams in a league that has shown anybody can beat anybody.

Are Wolves favourites tonight? Of course but that’s not to say we can’t go there and come back with the 3 points like Forest were able to do so.

”Draw at best” should never be a thing in the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

As for tonight, best we can hope for is 3 points, not a draw. It’s a game of football between 2 teams in a league that has shown anybody can beat anybody.

Are Wolves favourites tonight? Of course but that’s not to say we can’t go there and come back with the 3 points like Forest were able to do so.

”Draw at best” should never be a thing in the Championship. 

They were an unknown quantity when we played them earlier in the season. We should know exactly what to expect. They’re bumbling their way across the finishin line at the moment so hopefully we can take advantage of them not having as much momentum as previously in the season...

i mean I’m wishful thinking cos I’ve spent £25 to go and sit with my mate who’s a wolves fan in their end

42 minutes ago, David said:

2nd goal v Bolton had 9 consecutive passes in their half, 12 in total if you count the 3 in our own.

Weimann maybe should have turned back round, played the ball back instead of the through ball to Nugent which cut through their defence.

Collect the 4 extra passes before we stick it in the net. Just because.

You make a good observation and then you go and spoil it by a stupid comment because you are so keen to attack what you interpret as a criticism. 

The move for the second goal was a good move. We moved it left then right. Took our time. Played the pass at the right time and  as a result SCORED A GOAL. We didn't produce anything like that v sunderland which was scrappy. So ironically we played the football v bolton and reaped the benefit. This only serves to serves to highlight the original posters comment which queried why GR thought we tried to overplay v sunderland, when your example shows we played better football v bolton.

its not passing for passings sake, no matter how much you try to pretend it is.

40 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You make a good observation and then you go and spoil it by a stupid comment because you are so keen to attack what you interpret as a criticism. 

The move for the second goal was a good move. We moved it left then right. Took our time. Played the pass at the right time and  as a result SCORED A GOAL. We didn't produce anything like that v sunderland which was scrappy. So ironically we played the football v bolton and reaped the benefit. This only serves to serves to highlight the original posters comment which queried why GR thought we tried to overplay v sunderland, when your example shows we played better football v bolton.

its not passing for passings sake, no matter how much you try to pretend it is.

I could say the same about “Eerrrgghh”, posting goals v Yeovil 5 years ago longing for the good old days like we are somehow suffering.

Why not post the more recent second Bolton goal, for how bad they were they have 2 more points than that Yeovil side which finished rock bottom.

We have scored nice goals all season, goals that would not have looked out of place in the 13/14 season but we seem to only remember the Sunderland type games.

Archived