Philmycock

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

When did this become en-vogue? And why?

38CA33EF-0B4B-4D31-ABCA-20A198C989D5.jpeg

If you are born out of wedlock, you may take both your parents names. Maybe it's to do with the fact that marriage is going out of fashion?

It's a common cultural thing with those of Afro-Caribbean backgrounds. Willing to bet that those highlighted above are. And so many athletes as well

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

If you are born out of wedlock, you may take both your parents names. Maybe it's to do with the fact that marriage is going out of fashion?

Wonder what happens in the next generation? Do you end up with a players last name Alexander-Arnold-Clarke-Salter?

I think the trend started when people stopped thinking they should be married. Plus there’s a lot of second or third marriages around and people wanting to include their kids names with their new names. 

Would you men feel less masculine if your Mrs asked you to take her name? Just wondered. 

23 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Son takes the father's name, daughter takes the mother's name (or vice-versa).  Nobody changes their name when married. Job done.  No more Calvert-Maitland-Arnolds.

Oh how common, all the brood have different surnames, what would the freshly manicured yummy mummies think at the school gates? I would never get into the first row of the school play with multiple surnames.

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Stringer-Bell. :ph34r:

Nah, Stringer Bell was just kingpin Avon Barksdale's lackey. His own crew sanctioned his killing for being a snidey, lying grass. Omar Little and Brother Mouzone dispatched him but Stringer never actually killed anyone himself as it transpired that despite all the bluster and posturing, he was just a whiny snitch who lacked the stomach for his chosen 'career'.  As Avon Barksdale put it, not tough enough for the street, nor smart enough to escape it.  

48 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Nah, Stringer Bell was just kingpin Avon Barksdale's lackey. His own crew sanctioned his killing for being a snidey, lying grass. Omar Little and Brother Mouzone dispatched him but Stringer never actually killed anyone himself as it transpired that despite all the bluster and posturing, he was just a whiny snitch who lacked the stomach for his chosen 'career'.  As Avon Barksdale put it, not tough enough for the street, nor smart enough to escape it.  

You’ve just made me google this, had no idea about Stringer Bell?

I need to get out more.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I need to get out more.

Stringer Bell was a self made man who did the best he could in trying circumstances. He tried to change the world around him for the better but was dragged down by the cancerous individuals around him.

And you’ll need one of them portable battery thingymabobs to watch it whilst out.

PistoldPete2
54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I need to get out more.

have you not heard of Idris elba? You dont know your rs from your elba.

Archived