Season starts tomorrow.

Rev

Forget what's happened upto this point, good and bad, the season really does start tomorrow.

We've been granted a small head start on our rivals, down to Millwall in the last realistic play off league position, what matters now is picking up more points than everyone else below us in the next 10 games. 

A win tomorrow sees us 6 points clear in our mini league, probably 7 once you take gd into account, with only 1 team with a game in hand, and only 9 games left of the regular season.

Let's leave behind how we got here, and concentrate on where we need to be.

Tomorrow's opponents aren't too good, leave aside the nonsense surrounding the game and we'd be quietly confident of at least matching them 9 out of 10.

We have 10 games of regular season left, lets not waste them decrying what might have been, but instead support the boys all the way to Wembley.

We're in such a good position, probably beyond expectation, that all we need to do is cheer the boys on, push them over the line, if need be we can have a post mortem once the season is done.

Now is the time to fall in, support sergeant major Rowett, and leave reservations back in the barracks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way i see it this game is coming at potentially the best time and also potentially the worst time, and the destiny of this season rests on the result. A good win sets up nicely for the run in, much like the reverse fixture at pride park and we hit the playoffs in some kind of form. Transversely, lose (or possibly also a draw) and i think it will condemn us to slipping out the playoffs again. First time i've been properly nervous about this game in a few years

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Forget what's happened upto this point, good and bad, the season really does start tomorrow.

We've been granted a small head start on our rivals, down to Millwall in the last realistic play off league position, what matters now is picking up more points than everyone else below us in the next 10 games. 

A win tomorrow sees us 6 points clear in our mini league, probably 7 once you take gd into account, with only 1 team with a game in hand, and only 9 games left of the regular season.

Let's leave behind how we got here, and concentrate on where we need to be.

Tomorrow's opponents aren't too good, leave aside the nonsense surrounding the game and we'd be quietly confident of at least matching them 9 out of 10.

We have 10 games of regular season left, lets not waste them decrying what might have been, but instead support the boys all the way to Wembley.

We're in such a good position, probably beyond expectation, that all we need to do is cheer the boys on, push them over the line, if need be we can have a post mortem once the season is done.

Now is the time to fall in, support sergeant major Rowett, and leave reservations back in the barracks.

Reveldevel we’re  sound in defence

Reveldevel your post is immense

Reveldevel they just don’t know 

reveldevel I love you so

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Reveldevel we’re  sound in defence

Reveldevel your post is immense

Reveldevel they just don’t know 

reveldevel I love you so

What a great chant that would make for somebody - Curtis Davies? Can't beat a bit of Bowie.

On the game, as @reveldevil says we should in theory try and forget the occasion and treat it as a routine  match against lower opposition.  However,  since that tactic has failed us several times already this season, maybe we need the extra grit of a local Derby to enable the players to get to the top of their games. 

I think whichever subs come in for the injured they will have a chance to play for their shirts and hopefully this will raise our performance to the level we need.

COYR! 

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

What a great chant that would make for somebody - Curtis Davies? Can't beat a bit of Bowie.

On the game, as @reveldevil says we should in theory try and forget the occasion and treat it as a routine  match against lower opposition.  However,  since that tactic has failed us several times already this season, maybe we need the extra grit of a local Derby to enable the players to get to the top of their games. 

I think whichever subs come in for the injured they will have a chance to play for their shirts and hopefully this will raise our performance to the level we need.

COYR! 

I agree angieram but line 2 (Curtis Davis your post is immense) may need amending a bit! :thumbsup:

Schoolboy error.

The thread should have been titled 'The season starts now', to keep it current.

12 games left this Season, off the back of a unanimous points victory vs our local rivals, that has hopefully set the tone from now on in.

Who will play in midfield, who knows?

Let's see it as an opportunity to be grasped by the likes of Hanson et al, rather than the nail in the coffin for our season.

Let's embrace the pressure from now on, and use it to cement the play off position we've worked damn hard to get into, rather than meekly fade away.

Line them up Gary, and let's go over the top and leave nothing in the trenches.

I expect every Derby fan from now on to do their duty, and push the team on at every opportunity. 

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Schoolboy error.

The thread should have been titled 'The season starts now', to keep it current.

12 games left this Season, off the back of a unanimous points victory vs our local rivals, that has hopefully set the tone from now on in.

Who will play in midfield, who knows?

Let's see it as an opportunity to be grasped by the likes of Hanson et al, rather than the nail in the coffin for our season.

Let's embrace the pressure from now on, and use it to cement the play off position we've worked damn hard to get into, rather than meekly fade away.

Line them up Gary, and let's go over the top and leave nothing in the trenches.

I expect every Derby fan from now on to do their duty, and push the team on at every opportunity. 

I see what you did there.

Archived