Are we good enough is it just a blip

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not good enough to get promoted I don't think.

We don't have a good enough striker, and our defence was incredibly lucky during that defensive spell.

Now, we ain't so lucky we're just average at the back; and apart from Tom & George we still don't seem to have a good enough midfield. So yep we needed to strengthen in at least 2 areas in January to have a chance of even getting to the playoff final. Also Kacey Palmer should be the third name on the team sheet.

We didn't, so we won't. 

PistoldPete2

I think we will bounce back with a few wins before end of season. I don't think we are good enough for promotion. 

No it’s not a blip we are not good enough.

one of the key things is a distinct lack of movement in the last few games from Jerome, he offers nothing up front, when nugent was in form he linked up well with Vydra and they didn’t stop moving for 90 minutes and giving options, we are now back with a stationary target man much like when we had Bent playing up front.

we fooled ourselves into thinking that we were a team but we are not, a couple of good individuals and a good goalkeeper.

very disappointed that we did not strengthen the team and push for promotion in a January.

if bringing  in Jerome was the push then it was akin to a wet fart !

If we carry on performing with the desire that the players seemed to have today then we’ll be lucky to get top 6.

Ive no doubt they don’t do it on purpose, but Jesus, what a load of crap they were today.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

If we carry on performing with the desire that the players seemed to have today then we’ll be luck to get top 6.

Ive no doubt they don’t do it on purpose, but Jesus, what a load of crap they were today.

It was a weird game, but I don't think they were crap. I think the difference was our nervous and frightened defence, mitrovic and that lad in midfield who was running the show. If the disallowed goal had counted, and if we'd played out the rest of the game - we'd all be sitting here saying how great we played. It's a thin line between sublime and sh!te. 

On the 1 st of Jan we were good enough on the 31 st of Jan we were not. Other teams strengthened and addressed their deficiencies. We however ignored ours and actually weakened our squad significantly, albeit with an injury to Winnall. I doubt very much this was Rowetts idea. More likely a consequence of past seasons follies. Rowett’s frailties are now showing, but please, please Mel don’t sack him. If he learns ( which he doesn’t seem to) from his ludicrous team selections and rigid tactics, we are more than capable of getting in the play offs though 

PistoldPete2
33 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If we carry on performing with the desire that the players seemed to have today then we’ll be lucky to get top 6.

I dont agree we were cr@p today.. or lacking desire.  a lack of quality but also unlucky not to get a point. 

21 minutes ago, Doodle said:

On the 1 st of Jan we were good enough on the 31 st of Jan we were not. Other teams strengthened and addressed their deficiencies. We however ignored ours and actually weakened our squad significantly, albeit with an injury to Winnall. I doubt very much this was Rowetts idea. More likely a consequence of past seasons follies. Rowett’s frailties are now showing, but please, please Mel don’t sack him. If he learns ( which he doesn’t seem to) from his ludicrous team selections and rigid tactics, we are more than capable of getting in the play offs though 

If he doesn't learn and cash is tight AND we get a few players back on the books who Gary doesn't want, then I'm more worried about next season than this! 

26 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Excellent post sir and very accurate with my assessment and it’s such a shame

17 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Will he  learn though ? ( I am not saying sack him by adding this.0

Rowett doesn't accept enough responsibility, to judge by what he has said after our recent matches. Some fans blaming the annual Feb/March decline is just lazy.

Even when we were playing well around Christmas we tended not to dominate matches, and that's to do with Rowetts chosen style of play and team selection. As ever there was no plan B today-  change of personnel didn't really change the way we played. Palmer looked good ( can he start next match?) but was very deep much of the time.  Our front 4 give the ball away far too much or hang on to it too long and regularly finding a team mate doesn't happen. Vydra was isolated , often surrounded by 3 Fulham players and lost the ball before he could do anything. And yet there was no change to try something else.

PistoldPete2
5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ll take the crap back. 

I’ll replace it with lethargic.

I think we were stunned after we had the goal disallowed and then a few minutes later were one nil down. Started brightly but that knocked a hole in the performance. Two poor goals really , and thats happening far too often

54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I don't think we were crap all the game, in fact second half I thought we were the better team. A few fine margins cost us a draw. Jerome chased a couple of balls to pull them back only for us to miss good chances. I felt the ref should have sent Mitrovic off (second yellow) for a late challenge on Huddlestone who had to go off afterwards. Two absolute howling defensive mistakes cost us again. Problem is if you give a team like Fulham 2 goals you ain't going to win.

Archived