Barton on Ince..

Chester40

Joey Barton on Talksport commentating was very dismissive of a Tom Ince free-kick.

Launched forth with a scathing attack about him looking like an identikit footballer but without the skills to back it up.. ridiculing the haircut, bright boots, gloves, socks over his knees....

Now Joey is a man of many faults himself ...and all those things are immaterial to how Tom plays...

But I couldn't help thinking...I agree with you Joey...but is that cos I'm old ??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Joey Barton on Talksport commentating was very dismissive of a Tom Ince free-kick.

Launched forth with a scathing attack about him looking like an identikit footballer but without the skills to back it up.. ridiculing the haircut, bright boots, gloves, socks over his knees....

Now Joey is a man of many faults himself ...and all those things are immaterial to how Tom plays...

But I couldn't help thinking...I agree with you Joey...but is that cos I'm old ??

I have hated all of these earlier, but if it pisses Joey Barton off, I'm ready to change my mind.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Says the “hard man” who used to wear an Alice band!!!  Joey Barton is a complete jeb-end...

Absolutely despise Barton! Was never a massive fan of Ince as a person but at least he produced it on the pitch. Barton is not much more than a thug that if he didn't have football would probably be in prison. So pleased we didn't go for him a few years ago when it was rumoured because it would have hurt seeing that arse in a derby shirt.

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Absolutely despise Barton! Was never a massive fan of Ince as a person but at least he produced it on the pitch. Barton is not much more than a thug that if he didn't have football would probably be in prison. So pleased we didn't go for him a few years ago when it was rumoured because it would have hurt seeing that arse in a derby shirt.

Why? Is it bigger than yours? ;) 

Not a fan of Joey Barton and I think its appalling that Talk Sport see fit to pay him a wage while he is banned from football.

I don't always disagree with what he says but you only have to listen to him to know he loves the sound of his own voice.

47 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not a fan of Joey Barton and I think its appalling that Talk Sport see fit to pay him a wage while he is banned from football.

I don't always disagree with what he says but you only have to listen to him to know he loves the sound of his own voice.

I don't have a problem with him being a paid pundit, hes still a massive ar se and i don't have too much sympathy with his betting against his own team antics.

To me, whenever he gives it the I was a proper footballer schtick, I just remember that clip of him falling down clutching his face to try and get a non league player sent off.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-responds-claims-dived-9844819

Tom Ince is an excellent championship footballer, we've all seen how good he can be at that level.  A bit inconsistent maybe, but that's not unusual in his position.  But the evidence seems to suggest that he struggles in the Premier League, that's not unusual either, everyone has their level.

I doubt Tom's struggles have anything to do with his hair-style, it didnt' hold him back last year. It's just Barton trying to impress on us yet again how much a 'proper masculine no nonsense guy' Joey Barton is.  Always seems to be over-compensating for something, does Mr. Barton.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Talksport don't give a toss who they employ, some proper Bjellends on there.

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Barton is a great pundit and was a very very good footballer a lot better than Ton Ince will ever be. 

I think maybe some people just take Barton too seriously, he is saying 95% of what he says just for a reaction. 

Agree with this in parts - was a decent footballer at Champ Level,although his attitude was not always right. Would have liked to see how he would have done here when he was linked.

Can''t compare him to Ince however as they were in different positions.

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Barton is a great pundit and was a very very good footballer a lot better than Ton Ince will ever be. 

I think maybe some people just take Barton too seriously, he is saying 95% of what he says just for a reaction. 

Okay, I'll bite you obvious troll :lol:

So Barton is great and Billy Davies is an awesome manager... did you move to States to support Trump? :no:

18 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

One of the odd things with Barton, is that he seems quite intelligent and articulate, and was a decent midfielder, but soooo much baggage and general a-holeness - im quite open i just don't like him and his put my head on his arm then fall down clutching my face "proper footballer" guff and didn't want us to sign him.

58 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Okay, I'll bite you obvious troll :lol:

So Barton is great and Billy Davies is an awesome manager... did you move to States to support Trump? :no:

As is often said “put your medals on the table”......and Barton and King Billy would not be found lacking in that. 

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

As is often said “put your medals on the table”......and Barton and King Billy would not be found lacking in that. 

Would Barton put his medals down next to his criminal record or on top?

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

..............just like Tony Adams, George Best, Eric Cantona, Jan Molby etc etc etc  ? ?

3 of those were drinking/driving related. Eric Cantona being the exception.

Joey Barton is a thug, stubbing a cigar in a team mates eye, sent to prison after assaulting another. Breaks the leg of a pedestrian in his car, assaults a 15 year old over in Bangkok, head butted our own Bradley Johnson, elbows Tevez and to end his glittering career he goes out with a ban for betting on games.

This is missing out numerous red cards, spats with players, managers, fans which has seen him banned and suspended.

Give me Tom Ince gloves and pink boots any day over this piece of work. FA should strip any medals he has and put them on display with a how not to be a footballer guide.

Archived