Derby County facing EFL investigation after Bristol City video replay controversy

admira

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just accept that DCFC have to be squeaky clean or the FA come down on them like the proverbial ton.

Cloughie fined £5000 for illegal payment to Mackay Rams and Man U banned from Europe when only Derby had qualified.

Tony Book and Colin Todd banned from playing for England because they were both exhausted. This was the first time Toddy had cried off and England's nose was amputated to spite her face!

Will they be punished for showing that the ref dropped a clanger which cost the Rams the game?

Probably because this is DCFC we're on about!

Not that I feel at all aggrieved of course!?

So we don’t win the penalty, which, more than likely would’ve won us the game. 

Which means we don’t pull 2 points clearer if one of our promotion rivals. 

Our new signing gets a booking, rather than an assist, on his debut. Which will ultimately mean he might be suspended a game earlier than he should be. 

Mans, just to top it all, we get punished by the FA for the incident. 

Wow, that ref really can’t stop screwing us over, can he. 

16 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Shall we just not bother having replays at all in case it makes some people angry if it emerges there’s a mistake involved?

Excellent idea. Ditch the replays and let the ref get on with controlling the game and let the crowd get on with watching the live action and arguing about it. It seemed to work well for about a hundred and thirty years or so.

9 hours ago, steve brummie said:

Just accept that DCFC have to be squeaky clean or the FA come down on them like the proverbial ton.

Cloughie fined £5000 for illegal payment to Mackay Rams and Man U banned from Europe when only Derby had qualified.

Tony Book and Colin Todd banned from playing for England because they were both exhausted. This was the first time Toddy had cried off and England's nose was amputated to spite her face!

Will they be punished for showing that the ref dropped a clanger which cost the Rams the game?

Probably because this is DCFC we're on about!

Not that I feel at all aggrieved of course!?

For your own peace of mind I think you should let these things go. They were 40 years ago, after all. :lol:

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I’m still outraged at the decision to disallow David Nish’s perfectly good goal in the FA Cup Semi Final of 1976.

And as for that ref in Turin...

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

So we don’t win the penalty, which, more than likely would’ve won us the game. 

Which means we don’t pull 2 points clearer if one of our promotion rivals. 

Talking of things that were about 40 years ago, when was 3pts for a win bought in?

:p

I begin to wonder if it is about what sort of fan you are when attending a live game ?

Do you want to re visit a great moment .. The ball hitting the back of the ne and getting a second chance to celebrate 

or are you a sort of "told you so" who wants to have another chance to be enraged about an injustice ? 

Or indeed a bit of both. 

There is some psychology and variations in human behaviour going on here.  There are different outlooks, but there have to be rules to defend officials or we all go to hell. I think goal line tech is great but I don't want the game stopping every 5 minutes while the ref consults with VAR over every decision. At that point he isn't a ref he is a machine operator. There has to be some nobility in sport, other wise it just becomes more fodder for consumption rather than enjoyment

Archived