The Stoke Job: Paul Lambert appointed.

Day

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

There’s always Lou Macari - fairly sure that he’s available. 

He runs a chip shop outside Old Trafford.

pretty sure he'd turn them down too.

how would that feel? Turned down by the owner of a chippy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

don't consider any team outside the top 6 as an established PL team,

Weren’t Bolton there for about ten years too?

it’s hard to imagine Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace, West Brom, Burnley, Leicester, Swansea or Watford being ‘established’ indefinitely. Even Southampton and Newcastle struggle. 

Clubs like us, Leeds, Forest, and Wednesday have been underperforming for a long time now. 

13 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Clubs like us, Leeds, Forest, and Wednesday have been underperforming for a long time now. 

Why do you consider those teams have been underperforming, maybe the Championship is their natural level. We've been out of the Premiership or Division 1 longer than we've been in it.

42 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why do you consider those teams have been underperforming, maybe the Championship is their natural level. We've been out of the Premiership or Division 1 longer than we've been in it.

Just my biased perception about some clubs’ ‘size’, I suppose, based on history and support. 

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

Just my biased perception about some clubs’ ‘size’, I suppose, based on history and support. 

Agree with the fact that you have to utilise some sort of loose metric to decide whether a club should be in the Top Flight or not such as fan base etc, the hard facts though are that we have been out of the Top Flight for more years than we have been in it - so this would point to the fact that really we are not a Top Flight club.

''Even the way he wears his ******* collar is making me want to self harm. **** this ******* **** off Stoke. Leave it with Kevin and Eddie for the season for my liking, anything but this ******* goon. I've honestly never been so against anything.''

''Our club is a mess,
Our club is a mess,
F*cking Paul Lambert, you're taking the piss''

''Someone posted earlier saying"a half decent manager could get more out of our squad"
The ******* trouble is,Lambert is not even half decent.
He is that bad,he would relegate Everton FFS.''

''It HAS to be a joke.''

''I feel ******* sick.
I can’t even write any hyperbole or anything, I just feel dejected.
What a bunch of ******* we have running our football club.''

Think it's safe to say the Stokies aren't happy :lol:.

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Agree with the fact that you have to utilise some sort of loose metric to decide whether a club should be in the Top Flight or not such as fan base etc, the hard facts though are that we have been out of the Top Flight for more years than we have been in it - so this would point to the fact that really we are not a Top Flight club.

I’m not sure then, based solely on your criteria of overall years in the top flight, who would be in the top twenty. Don’t you have to factor in things like titles and cups won to get a more complete picture of a club’s achievements? If we’re talking current perception, then surely that is also weighted to trophies won in living memory. 

Archived