POLL: The McClaren era(s)

Mostyn6

Following that F*rest defeat, and Clough's sacking...  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Cannot believe we are still wasting time talking about this, he has gone you have just got to let it go.NEW ERA!!!

Well:

1) Steve clearly remains a polarising figure in the eyes of Rams fans;

2) This thread, along with countless others, probably highlights our lack of January activity. It's a slow news month thus far.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

Cannot believe we are still wasting time talking about this, he has gone you have just got to let it go.NEW ERA!!!

not sure 2 posts gives you the right to say what can and cannot be discussed on this forum. However, in response, the topic came up in a thread about Rowett, and I felt it was harsh on McClaren, undeservedly so, and am within my right to defend my opinion, but instead of ruining that thread, I created this thread, as is my right as a legend and prolific genius on this forum ;) 

Just now, Moist One said:

not sure 2 posts gives you the right to say what can and cannot be discussed on this forum. However, in response, the topic came up in a thread about Rowett, and I felt it was harsh on McClaren, undeservedly so, and am within my right to defend my opinion, but instead of ruining that thread, I created this thread, as is my right as a legend and prolific genius on this forum ;) 

Just now, Moist One said:

Oh i thought it was an open forum you know free speech and all that........

Just now, Seaside Sam said:

Oh i thought it was an open forum you know free speech and all that........

oh the irony! :lol: 

1st time I thought it was a clever appointment, don’t forget the additions of Simpson and Steele really sweetened the deal. Didn’t care what he’d done elsewhere, it just felt a good fit

2nd time felt like we were trying to rebuild something that was long destroyed. Worked short term, but old problems soon reared themselves.

I voted "yes". I had a recollection that I'd had an email exchange with Sam Rush when I pushed the idea of McClaren coming back, but when I go through old messages I see it was actually Tom Glick!

Interestingly, I do see I pressed Sam that we should push the boat out to try to sign a certain Curtis Davies, a player I'd long admired.

You joined the forum a couple of hours ago to say we are wasting our time on something you feel strong enough about to comment on?

5 hours ago, rynny said:

Yes, I got a season ticket because we had appointed him. I was intrigued by what he was going to do, and genuinely excited the first time in about 3 years about going to matches.

Let me get this right?

You heard we’d signed Mac1, didn’t think at all about how he’d failed at Forest, and his fake Dutch accent, his failed England job, but went straight out and bought a season ticket without him taking control of a single game?

Righto. ?

I wanted him at the time based on him being a great forward thinking coach, who had won things with underachieving teams - Middlesbrough, and Twente.

But I'm no judge of manager - I was against the appointment of Arthur Cox, and thought Gregory was a good choice. 

I was ambivalent over the appointment of Rowett, but he has won me over. In some ways he reminds me of Arthur Cox - early sacrifice of star players to achieve a better team (Kevin Wilson), building a strong team ethic, a strength under adversity, and an ever improving level of football.

50 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Let me get this right?

You heard we’d signed Mac1, didn’t think at all about how he’d failed at Forest, and his fake Dutch accent, his failed England job, but went straight out and bought a season ticket without him taking control of a single game?

Righto. ?

First game I went to was Leeds, couldn't make Ipswich, can't remember the exact reason why. Not sure why I would need to lie about it.

I was happy enough for us to give him the job because I thought he would improve the team with his coaching.

I wasn't sure about his ability to manage, but thought he might have improved by learning from past mistakes or that we could have got in a wiser head to help him.

Archived