POLL: The McClaren era(s)

Mostyn6

Following that F*rest defeat, and Clough's sacking...  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Off the back of some confusing (to me) comments regarding Steve McClaren's spell(s) at Derby County as manager, I'm generally interested if there are people out there that genuinely believe we should never have employed him following Clough's sacking.

PLEASE NOTE: Separate Poll started cos was going off-topic on another thread. Yes he's gone.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I was overly ecstatic when we appointed him but happy (most of the time) to give everyone a chance. 

Think I always cut an extra bit of slack when it's a former player appointed, and the fact he was such a good coach or us too was a bonus.

I was quite a big fan of what NC did for us and spent a lot of time defending him but felt the time was right to replace him.

Long winded buy my answer is a yes.

Also cannot remember back to think of anyone better who may have been available at the time.

I voted Yes, but that is on the basis that he was a good choice at the time. I wouldnt actually have sacked NC but on the basis we needed a new manager yes i was happy.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

Off the back of some confusing (to me) comments regarding Steve McClaren's spell(s) at Derby County as manager, I'm generally interested if there are people out there that genuinely believe we should never have employed him following Clough's sacking.

PLEASE NOTE: Separate Poll started cos was going off-topic on another thread. Yes he's gone.

Think the poll and subsequent post is slightly confusing. Are we talking about our thoughts at the time? Or looking back in retrospect? The poll suggests the former but the post the latter.

27 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I didn’t think he was a good appointment at the time, so I voted no.

I voted truthfully.

i was glad I was initially wrong in my feelings about the choice of new manager.

Can’t believe all the yes’s.

Indeed. I voted yes and I said it was good at the time. There seem to be some who are voting with hindsight.

Anybody find the thread of his appointment?

22 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Think the poll and subsequent post is slightly confusing. Are we talking about our thoughts at the time? Or looking back in retrospect? The poll suggests the former but the post the latter.

yeah, looking at the answers, I should've worded it better, I did mean "with hindsight", as some are suggesting, that even knowing what they know now, they wouldn't have given him the job!

11 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Would most people’s vote in the poll be based on Hindsight?

Can i answer that in 12 months time?

Archived