Scott Carson

Ibby

38 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You could see how cross he was to be beaten by Lingard's goal. It was a brilliant shot that would probably have beaten any keeper, but he was gutted, and the form he's been in I could have seen him tipping it onto the post. Hope Southgate was watching.

I kept thinking "Stop it, will you. Other clubs might get ideas about poaching him." No-one could knick him, could they?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

You could see how cross he was to be beaten by Lingard's goal. It was a brilliant shot that would probably have beaten any keeper, but he was gutted, and the form he's been in I could have seen him tipping it onto the post. Hope Southgate was watching.

In terms of pure shot stopping I can’t think of any English goalkeepers who are currently playing who are anywhere near as good, one aspect might just be around is that there are plenty of premiership clubs with lots of money who may well test our resolve

I can't see Carson leaving Derby to sit on the bench at a PL league club at this stage in his career. Maybe in a couple of seasons. Regarding international prospects, I can't imagine that Southgate is considering many players who are not currently at a PL club. 

16 minutes ago, europia said:

I can't see Carson leaving Derby to sit on the bench at a PL league club at this stage in his career. Maybe in a couple of seasons. Regarding international prospects, I can't imagine that Southgate is considering many players who are not currently at a PL club. 

Carson has said it himself that he's played his best whilst at Derby! Won the player awards last year surely he's happy here and can go onto making 250/300 appearances  for us 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It's a shame for him. If he was in the prem and performing this well, he'd have a chance but Hart, Pickford, Butland, Forster, Foster and Heaton are ahead of him in the pecking order rightly or wrongly.

When you list the names in front of him like that, it does highlight how difficult it will be for him to be selected. We need to get him and ourselves into the Prem if he has any aspirations to continue his international career. There's no doubting that he's had a massive impact on our current league position.

One of the best I've ever seen in a Derby shirt, and the best bit of business by some distance Paul Clement achieved in his time here.

So much better than Lee Grant.

he gives everybody confidence and must have saved us loads of points.

people can see the difference that a really good keeper makes.

player of the season again for me as he is so consistant. even better than last year. Some of the saves at man utd were out of this world.

The aberrations at Sheff Utd away seem to have been due to early season rustiness. I like his line about having learned to just protect the goal. Ok, then Scott then you don't need to go up for corners do you?(Did it again a couple of weeks ago).

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

One of the best I've ever seen in a Derby shirt, and the best bit of business by some distance Paul Clement achieved in his time here.

Bloody hell, now that’s saying something coming from a member of the old guard (no offence). You’ve seen some players in your day. I agree Carson is a class above our current crop. 

15 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Bloody hell, now that’s saying something coming from a member of the old guard (no offence). You’ve seen some players in your day. I agree Carson is a class above our current crop. 

Shilton in his heyday was better - as good as Yashin or Zoff.

Les Green was the greatest I have ever seen per inch, but he was always at a disadvantage regarding height. I would rate Boulton marginally ahead of Carson (to be ever-present in 2 championship-winning sides says a lot for the man, but his did have SuperMac and Todd - and for the second title Daniel and Todd - marshalling the defence which helps a bit), Poom a little behind him.

Contrary to rumours, I never saw Vic Woodley play.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Les Green was the greatest I have ever seen per inch, but he was always at a disadvantage regarding height. I would rate Boulton marginally ahead of Carson (to be ever-present in 2 championship-winning sides says a lot for the man, but his did have SuperMac and Todd - and for the second title Daniel and Todd - marshalling the defence which helps a bit), Poom a little behind him.

Good man. I loved Les to the extent that i have actually put flowers on his grave on a couple of occasions when i'm in the area.

hated the graham richards hatchet job on Les in the Derby County story.

Carson, must be worth a few quid to us should a valid prem club come sniffing,Liverpool and arsenal would be better teams for having him and 20 mill wouldnt be out of place.

Lets hope his good form continues,hardly put a foot wrong since joining us and i hope we have him around for some time to come.

6 hours ago, eddie said:

By 'Shilton in his heyday', i presume you mean his pre Derby career? Absolutely. BC chased him for years as he knew he'd be the cornerstone of any successful team.

A brilliant player for us but he was on the wane compared to his 70s / early 80s best.

It's harsh but for all his amazing point blank saves (away at Newcastle etc for example), he also flapped at crosses, couldn't deal with long range shots (John bloody Harkes, Tim Breaker etc) and as for his statuesque performance for the penos in Italia 90... :-(

Shilts would let one in, sit on his arse in the BBG mud, roll his eyes and slap his hands on the ground. It was supposed to demonstrate that his defenders had let him down but i think it was his realisation that at 40 odd years old, he was unfortunately becoming less able to perform well.

He was no Mark Wallington :whistle:

Archived