Max Lowe - joined Shrewsbury until end of season

ivo_knoflicek

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit disappointed because I’d have liked to have seen him make the step-up to the starting XI this year, particularly because I thought we could have done with the option of an overlapping full-back but Rowett is married to a solid back four.

Our defensive record speaks for itself, we shouldn’t be changing anything about the defence so it’s best that he goes out on loan for playing time. Clearly has the potential to be a very good left back.

The youth system has been a victim of Rowett’s success though, I think if we’d been the team somewhere between 10th and 5th that people expected, he may have got his chance.

It’s fortunate and unfortunate that we can’t be developing youth products when we so clearly have a chance at the automatics this year.

Still the best leftback at the club imo, but if he ain’t gonna play then this is the ideal loan spell for him. Up the top of league one, a player of his undoubted ability should be starting for them every game, and should come back a more experienced player. Best of luck to him, smash it out there and hopefully he’ll rejoin us as a premier league player.

No surprise one of the left backs were to move on, Rowett obviously favours experience over everything which is fair enough but to his credit he usually does give youth (especially our youth) a chance.

i doubt Lowe will make more than 10 appearances for them, never seems to stay fit unfortunately.

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I personally think people are getting a little ahead of themselves here. “Best left back at the club” England’s future left back” the young lads only played a handful of games for us. 

Quite right you have to laugh at them don't you So many injuries so hard to judge the lad Will be surprised if he gets to many starts at Shrewsbury

Probably a bad move - every time he plays his legs shatter into a thousand pieces.

Would be very happy to be proved wrong though. Seems like an alright prospect from the handful of first team games we have had a chance to see him in so far. 

Archived