Gary Rowett interview in the Telegraph

Nuwtfly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Do I think I could handle the Premier League as a manager? Of course I do. I’ve got complete belief in the way me and my staff do things. But I’m open-minded enough to know how it works,” he said.

“If your club gets £180m for staying up then owners will go with someone with experience. Does it grate on me? Not really, because I’m more focused on Derby.

So not 100% focused on Derby then, Gaz?

Might as well have put your phone number at the end of the article, tart.

1 minute ago, Dazza B said:

Surely that puts any potential rumours of move to a premier league club to rest! 

“Do I think I could handle the Premier League as a manager? Of course I do. I’ve got complete belief in the way me and my staff do things. But I’m open-minded enough to know how it works,”

It does, sort of. He's a very exciting young British manager showing a lot of potential, and I think he's pretty aware of that.

We're lucky to have him, and I'm glad we do. But if things keep getting better, then dealing with growing speculation/potential for him to leave is something we're going to have to all get used to!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

We're lucky to have him, and I'm glad we do. But if things keep getting better, then dealing with growing speculation/potential for him to leave is something we're going to have to all get used to!

I'm sure the local media and RamsTV will give him some questions to deal with. Help him get used to the interest (what interest?!) from Stoke and other Prem clubs...

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure the local media and RamsTV will give him some questions to deal with. Help him get used to the interest (what interest?!) from Stoke and other Prem clubs...

Have you ruled yourself out of the running yet?

Good read and as always Rowett comes across very well. I'd like more of a insight into how he thinks about the game and how he wants to see it played. Just from his point of view really and it might turn a few of our fans heads and make them realise what we've got here.

On the rant but it amazes me how many people still don't appreciate the way Rowett sets his teams up to play , personally I find the counter attacking football more exciting than the short passing game and also it has more flexibility and longetivity.

26 minutes ago, David said:

"So then Gary, Barry from Stoke rang up a football phone in on Monday, said you're the man to replace Mark Hughes at Stoke, are you the man to replace him?"

?

'I'd love to manage Stoke Barry, but my focus is on winning 3 consecutive Champions Leagues with Derby first!"

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roy  did you get a Rowett doll for Xmas and spend all day sticking pins in it  Sorry but the Mclaren days are gone and Clough ain't coming back  You can blame RD all you like but that's the reality  I feel sorry for you only being able to celebrate 5 losses so far this season 

3 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Roy  did you get a Rowett doll for Xmas and spend all day sticking pins in it  Sorry but the Mclaren days are gone and Clough ain't coming back  You can blame RD all you like but that's the reality  I feel sorry for you only being able to celebrate 5 losses so far this season 

All those games where we have less than 50% possession - they count as losses too, don't they?

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

What has this got to do with Rowett? You can't deal with anyone not loving what you love?!

The local media gave Mac an unneccesarily hard time with the pretence of it just asking questions 'out there'. I'm glad Clough ain't coming back, although Rowett is a good double for him.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Good read and as always Rowett comes across very well. I'd like more of a insight into how he thinks about the game and how he wants to see it played. Just from his point of view really and it might turn a few of our fans heads and make them realise what we've got here.

On the rant but it amazes me how many people still don't appreciate the way Rowett sets his teams up to play , personally I find the counter attacking football more exciting than the short passing game and also it has more flexibility and longetivity.

Great post I think exactly the same, we have one of the best managers around yet people still moan, he has more than just 1 way to play, he gets the best out of players, he understands how hard you have to work without the ball, he understands how important it is to keep clean sheets, for me he will be one of the best managers around in the next 5 years. We are so luckily to have him, so come on all you rams fans let's get behind Gary and the team, to drive us on to promotion.

We have a young manager who is getting far more out of this squad in less than 12 months than most of us expected yet we have a tiny minority of fans who aren't prepared to cut him any slack whatsoever and are clinging onto some weird fallacy that the previous manager was the bees knees. I've got news for them - he failed and Rowett might ultimately fail to deliver promotion but until that does or doesn't happen, then why not give him support or at least try and refrain from constant sniping- it's become really tedious.

25 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Great post I think exactly the same, we have one of the best managers around yet people still moan, he has more than just 1 way to play, he gets the best out of players, he understands how hard you have to work without the ball, he understands how important it is to keep clean sheets, for me he will be one of the best managers around in the next 5 years. We are so luckily to have him, so come on all you rams fans let's get behind Gary and the team, to drive us on to promotion.

The reality is that fans have have different opinions.....and they have them for a reason,whether it's over style of play,manager personality or whatever.

Everyone sees the situation from their own perspective and some of the positives you see,I or others might not.....

It goes both ways tho....I was personally a massive fan of Mac and at the time,couldn't understand why everyone didn't feel the same.

That's just the way it goes!

17 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The reality is that fans have have different opinions.....and they have them for a reason,whether it's over style of play,manager personality or whatever.

Everyone sees the situation from their own perspective and some of the positives you see,I or others might not.....

It goes both ways tho....I was personally a massive fan of Mac and at the time,couldn't understand why everyone didn't feel the same.

That's just the way it goes!

Agree with what you're saying. We're all entitled to our own views on players and management but what gets up most peoples' noses is, having made their opinions of Rowett / Martin / Forsyth etc  etc abundantly clear to all and sundry, a tiny minority of posters use every opportunity to regurgitate those opinions, as if it's all that matters. 

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agree with what you're saying. We're all entitled to our own views on players and management but what gets up most peoples' noses is, having made their opinions of Rowett / Martin / Forsyth etc  etc abundantly clear to all and sundry, a tiny minority of posters use every opportunity to regurgitate those opinions, as if it's all that matters. 

Because some fans use Rowetts success so far to 'rub other fans noses in it' - never a miss an opportunity to have a snipe and add a few jibes. Do they? That's what gets up other fans noses. No being gracious in 'winning' with them is there.

12 hours ago, David said:

"So then Gary, Barry from Stoke rang up a football phone in on Monday, said you're the man to replace Mark Hughes at Stoke, are you the man to replace him?"

?

Breaking News:

Gary Rowett NOT to be in charge of Stoke on Saturday.

Archived