Gary Rowett interview in the Telegraph

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because some fans use Rowetts success so far to 'rub other fans noses in it' - never a miss an opportunity to have a snipe and add a few jibes. Do they? That's what gets up other fans noses. No being gracious in 'winning' with them is there.

Not really how it works for me Roy , I’m always open to having my opinion changed and never really too bothered if it turns out that my opinion was off and somebody else’s was more on the mark ,,, I was almost certain Mac 1 was the total wrong man and would go poorly , same with Jim smith , I’m probably at the same point with Lawrence as I’m far from convinced by him up till now but on the other side I was always very clear that I thought vydra was a good player and thought his performances pre rowett were far more promising than most thought , doesn’t make me smarter or dumber than anybody else it’s just sometimes we all see things a bit differently and how they pan out can be affected by lots of factors ,

with mac 1 and Jim smith I was happy to put my hands up and say bloody hell I didn’t see them doing so well and jump on board to enjoy the ride , after all we have had limited success since our 70 s hay day and I want to enjoy the bits we get 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What has this got to do with Rowett? You can't deal with anyone not loving what you love?!

The local media gave Mac an unneccesarily hard time with the pretence of it just asking questions 'out there'. I'm glad Clough ain't coming back, although Rowett is a good double for him.

I can deal with anything mate I support the club whoever the manager is you clearly do not OB has proved you wrong but can't accept it  Mac had chose to leave his options open in every interview instead of a simple I'm going nowhere 

15 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

I can deal with anything mate I support the club whoever the manager is you clearly do not OB has proved you wrong but can't accept it  Mac had chose to leave his options open in every interview instead of a simple I'm going nowhere 

You're a bit naïve aren't you? Have you heard of no smoke without fire? Even if Mac had said 'going nowhere' you'd have believed him would you? The media ala Bradley could have left it alone - there was no more evidence - but they kept picking at it, they'd say its their job, I'd say muck-raking.

Your final point ignores the fact Mel sacked Mac - perhaps Mac knew he never had Mel's full backing? Some posters on here have pointed out that they wouldn't blame Rowett if he went to Stoke as their owner is seen as more stable than Mel.

I clearly do not support Derby County - that is your biased, wrong opinion and NOT fact. But is exactly the kind of jibe that keeps the replies coming!

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You're a bit naïve aren't you? Have you heard of no smoke without fire? Even if Mac had said 'going nowhere' you'd have believed him would you? The media ala Bradley could have left it alone - there was no more evidence - but they kept picking at it, they'd say its their job, I'd say muck-raking.

Your final point ignores the fact Mel sacked Mac - perhaps Mac knew he never had Mel's full backing? Some posters on here have pointed out that they wouldn't blame Rowett if he went to Stoke as their owner is seen as more stable than Mel.

I clearly do not support Derby County - that is your biased, wrong opinion and NOT fact. But is exactly the kind of jibe that keeps the replies coming!

I think Roy what's happening is that you seem to criticise far more than you praise. From that platform you can seem from the outside to be a critic rather than a supporter. The team are currently second over halfway through the season as a consequence most supporters are pretty pleased............you are not coming over that way. If people are enjoying a collective victory, the feel good factor if you like, the guy who pours cold water is going to get some stick. You do understand that? Its nothing personal by the way. You just seem to be chucking most of the cold water about!

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roy one thing I'm not is naive If Mac had said I'm going nowhere like any other fan I would have welcomed and believed it but he chose not to RD are not muckraking there was great concern from the fans at the time As a local broadcaster it is there duty to ask questions For you to try and turn it round and say maybe Mac thought he never had Mel's backing is laughable  I'm an employer myself and if employee of mine had acted the same way I would have been left with no alternative but to dismiss them If as you state you support the club you definitely have a funny way of showing it what sort of fan hopes their manager fails 

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think Roy what's happening is that you seem to criticise far more than you praise. From that platform you can seem from the outside to be a critic rather than a supporter. The team are currently second over halfway through the season as a consequence most supporters are pretty pleased............you are not coming over that way. If people are enjoying a collective victory, the feel good factor if you like, the guy who pours cold water is going to get some stick. You do understand that? Its nothing personal by the way. You just seem to be chucking most of the cold water about!

I understand that. And as most know I'm not a GR fan, even if I think he seems a decent bloke. It's when posters complain that those of us who aren't enjoying aspects of the game or think there are different ways to achieve things are wrong. Can't blame fans for 'fighting their corner'. Of course I'm happy to see the Rams in the top 2, but I'm still not a fan of the way we got their. :) :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Roy one thing I'm not is naive If Mac had said I'm going nowhere like any other fan I would have welcomed and believed it ...

It seems that you can't see that what is stated openly might not be the truth internally? Mac was right to trust Mel, who then sacked him, hmmm? Its niave to think that any manager isn't going to be interested in their 'dream job' and continually asking them to commit while they're still here achieves nothing except unrest.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It seems that you can't see that what is stated openly might not be the truth internally? Mac was right to trust Mel, who then sacked him, hmmm? Its niave to think that any manager isn't going to be interested in their 'dream job' and continually asking them to commit while they're still here achieves nothing except unrest.

Sorry Roy you just carry on believing your own agenda I will live in the real world  If someone can't give a simple answer to a question and at the same time his agent is talking to another club for him has really got no complaint when he is dismissed. Don't you find it unusual that Mac never took legal action for unfair dismissal because I do 

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Sorry Roy you just carry on believing your own agenda I will live in the real world  If someone can't give a simple answer to a question and at the same time his agent is talking to another club for him has really got no complaint when he is dismissed. Don't you find it unusual that Mac never took legal action for unfair dismissal because I do 

All depends on the terms he was offered doesn't it?  I wouldn't want to jeopardize a big pay-off by taking legal action and risk losing.... 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because some fans use Rowetts success so far to 'rub other fans noses in it' - never a miss an opportunity to have a snipe and add a few jibes. Do they? That's what gets up other fans noses. No being gracious in 'winning' with them is there.

What on earth have I just read...

Rubbing other fans noses in it? Never missing an opportunity to have a snipe? No being gracious in winning?

You genuinely sound more like an irritated Forest supporter than a Derby fan here.

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What on earth have I just read...

Rubbing other fans noses in it? Never missing an opportunity to have a snipe? No being gracious in winning?

You genuinely sound more like an irritated Forest supporter than a Derby fan here.

Better read some of the posts again then. You genuinely sound like you're unable to post without personal jibes.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Better read some of the posts again then. You genuinely sound like you're unable to post without personal jibes.

Not true at all, Roy.

You're the only poster on this forum that I ever have any trouble with. Whether it be the Nick Blackman agenda, the Rowett bashing or this new war your beginning to wage against other Derby supporters who are apparently "rubbing your nose in it" or "not gracious in winning", everything coming from your direction seems to be negative and I don't understand it.

You realise that when Derby win, we all win right?  

21 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not true at all, Roy.

You're the only poster on this forum that I ever have any trouble with.

And you reply to me by suggesting I'm really a Forest fan.

If you'd read the original post I wasn't saying that the posts were personal to me but there has been stuff aimed at Derby fans that aren't Rowett fans or are you saying that's a lie too?

Archived