Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Damn! Hard luck Derby - brave and plucky effort.

I thought you were going to hang on for a replay there which would have done Burnley a favour. A replay at Pride Park would have taken place 3/4 days before United visit Turf Moor on Jan 20....would have upset Moaninho who is already complaining about player fatigue because of fixture congestion.:)

We were Lingard-ed at OT on Boxing Day when he hit a 91st minute equaliser.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another day this would have been 5-0 but we actually looked like something would happen on the break.

Think the subs were a sign of not being concerned if we did lose which is a bit disappointing. Lawrence was excellent and if we had genuinely wanted to go for it, Weimann wasn't offering much second half and they were not really attacking down that wing.

Still, I expected nothing and I'm not upset. League obviously the priority and plenty of rest now before Birmingham.

Sounded like we gave a good account of ourselves. A back 4 who haven’t played a lot together and not our strongest forward line. Shows we’re set up as a team to play a certain way rather than relying on individuals. Good signs. 

Not disgraced, no injuries, some game time for Wisdom, Pearce, Winnall, Olsson, experience for Bennett and Hanson, £1m in the bank and an extra day to get ready for Birmingham.

The FA Cup can bore off for another year, and 20 cup finals to play.

Did ourselves proud. United are a poor side, but as in most games this season we rode our luck at times.

Had a couple of decent chances, most notably Olsson's header in the 1st half which forced a good save from Romero. 

Couldn't have been a worse player to open the scoring than Lingard, great goal though.

Time to focus on more important matters and return to OT next season in the league.

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Keogh had a goal disallowed?

We had the bal in the net but the ref had blown for an offside I think, so my sources tell me. 

Proud of every single player tonight. We defended superbly as a team and every single player ran themselves into the ground and gave their all. We restricted United to shots from outside the box and although we rode our luck on occasions, we were actually good value for the draw for much of the game. We broke well, all four attacking players got forward with speed and we could have pinched a goal on another day.

I'm not too disappointed about losing the game or not getting a replay. It would have brilliant if we could have beaten them, and the players will of course be gutted tonight. But we can take huge pride and confidence from tonight and it bodes well for the rest of the season. The commentator's on the channel I was watching alluded to the fact that we did very well and how it suggests we would do alright in the PL next season if we get there. That's where the confidence should really be taken. We held our own against one of the best sides in the country. Two of their players tonight cos 10x the amount of our entire starting eleven.

Also, I ******* hate Jesse ******* Lingard.

Summary finished.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, needles said:

Not disgraced, no injuries, some game time for Wisdom, Pearce, Winnall, Olsson, experience for Bennett and Hanson, £1m in the bank and an extra day to get ready for Birmingham.

The FA Cup can bore off for another year, and 20 cup finals to play.

yes credit to Pearce.. i shuddered when I saw he was playing but he did well.

Looked decently organised, a bit more care on the break and not giving the ball away for free on occasion and we'll be alright.

Fitness levels concern me the most. Granted we didn't have much of the ball, but some of our lads looked almost out on their feet after 25 minutes.

2-0 probably fair given the number of chances they missed in the second half. Shame it was that **** Lingard.

Archived