Manchester United F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Just now, Derbados said:

Team selection is very important, let’s say we get spanked here 5-0 and they absolutely muller us. That may well dent our confidence and affect our league form, next game is a tough away game against a Birmingham side who just beat reading away. 

I understand the changes, all of them bar Pearce. You don’t start a player in a key, critical position who’s hardly kicked a ball all season against The likes of Rashford and Lukaku! 

Will do his confidence no good either if he gets turned inside out.

His confidence will go through the roof if he doesn't.

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn’t it really just a reshuffle of our first choice squad.  You know the guys that have got us to second in the league.  Some totally over the top comments on here imo. If any of these fellas aren’t good enough to start tonight then they shouldn’t be here at all.

Lets see how we get on.  I’m already concentrating on the league.

oh, and if we win - Tottenham at home...

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, eddie said:

It doesn't matter who is picked. The haters will always have the knives out for Rowett

You mean if thorne is injured they will jump up and down saying he should never have started a game we have no chance of winning ?

Seriously? We really do love a good old moan don't we? Slap in the face, debacle? Embarrassing.

That's close to our first choice eleven. If it was Davies for Pearce and Vydra in for one of the front three, there would be zero complaints about the team. Pearce was a regular last season and took some stick but he's our third choice CB, he's not an untried youngster. Lawrence, our most expensive signing this season comes in for Vydra. Vydra is one of the most pivotal aspects of our season, I can see why GR isn't putting him out there from the very beginning.

I can't be alone in not actually seeing anything wrong in the side put out. If I had travelled to Manchester for this I wouldn't feel let down by the team. If anybody who has gone does feel disappointed, I'd question what they were actually expecting.

It's not our first choice eleven and I highly doubt that would be the eleven had we had a league game this evening, but it's hardly the end of the world, chill out.

It doesn't matter who was picked. Someone's gonna moan. Personally have no issues with it, a free hit at game time for some that haven't had much football but may be needed if someone gets an injury.

would rather go to to the emirates, old Trafford etc next season in the league

Sith Happens
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

It doesn't matter who was picked. Someone's gonna moan. Personally have no issues with it, a free hit at game time for some that haven't had much football but may be needed if someone gets an injury.

would rather go to to the emirates, old Trafford etc next season in the league

You think arsenal will stay up?

Insane the amount of people who forget that Keogh and Pearce were the CB duo that set our record for clean sheets about 12 months ago. Davies has been a step up but how much of a killer for our season would it be if he got injured against United in a meaningless game?

Same goes for Vydra, we keep him wrapped in cotton wool anyway, taking him off after 60/70mins regardless of the score. Give him 20/30 mins at the end, that’ll be interesting.

Good to see Lawrence at 10 anyway, we need to know if other players in the squad can perform that role in Vydra’s absence.

PistoldPete2

Weve got plenty of attackers on the bench but I think its our defence I fear for.

Also Manure have Lukaku on the bench if they need him which they probably won't. Lingard was cr@p fo us which means he will be bound to score against us just like all the rest. Stern John etc.  But this is the Cup so you never know.   

Sith Happens
Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

Weve got plenty of attackers on the bench but I think its our defence I fear for.

Also Manure have Lukaku on the bench if they need him which they probably won't. Lingard was cr@p fo us which means he will be bound to score against us just like all the rest. Stern John etc.  But this is the Cup so you never know.   

Stern John is on their bench?

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Seriously? We really do love a good old moan don't we? Slap in the face, debacle? Embarrassing.

That's close to our first choice eleven. If it was Davies for Pearce and Vydra in for one of the front three, there would be zero complaints about the team. Pearce was a regular last season and took some stick but he's our third choice CB, he's not an untried youngster. Lawrence, our most expensive signing this season comes in for Vydra. Vydra is one of the most pivotal aspects of our season, I can see why GR isn't putting him out there from the very beginning.

I can't be alone in not actually seeing anything wrong in the side put out. If I had travelled to Manchester for this I wouldn't feel let down by the team. If anybody who has gone does feel disappointed, I'd question what they were actually expecting.

It's not our first choice eleven and I highly doubt that would be the eleven had we had a league game this evening, but it's hardly the end of the world, chill out.

As much as I agree that some people are overreacting, I do think the concern of Pearce is very understandable. He's one of the slowest players we've seen recently and he's going up against one of the fastest strikers in the world, that is absolutely cause for concern. We're a very defensive side and we've had a pretty big reshuffle there, which is usually the last place you want to shuffle.

Either way I'm not too concerned about the result. The league is the priority after all. 

Superb, amazing away day, great to be able to take my two young boys to OT and watch Derby play. 

Passion and heart, fans and players have given it their all.

Im believing now...... are you?

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Good to see Lawrence at 10 anyway, we need to know if other players in the squad can perform that role in Vydra’s absence.

Damn right - hopefully he's a sensation at #10. Perfect game to try him out.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Would rather see Bo Derek in that position :ph34r:

I can think of a few positions I'd like to see Bo Derek in.

Archived