Sam Winnall

MackworthRamIsGod

I hope we can sign Winnall up on a permanent.

He has shown over the years that he scores goals wherever he goes. One of the best headers of a ball I've seen and yesterday proves he can create his own goals.

He is the sort of player that whether you are playing Burton or Chelsea, put the ball in the right area he will score.

Sign him up, spend the 11.5 million on him if needed.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butterfield is a much better player.

wednesday don't need winnall. They have better strikers in hooper and......the others. Jordan rhodes is a menace. Butterfield is the perfect foil for bannan. Very tidy player. Better than Ledley. Better than david jones. 

Wednesday definitely got the better deal.

ok. 

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I hope we can sign Winnall up on a permanent.

He has shown over the years that he scores goals wherever he goes. One of the best headers of a ball I've seen and yesterday proves he can create his own goals.

He is the sort of player that whether you are playing Burton or Chelsea, put the ball in the right area he will score.

Sign him up, spend the 11.5 million on him if needed.

His goals per minutes on the pitch must be close to, if not the best in the championship. If he were to sign for £11.5 million, one would expect him to be starting most games, in my opinion. Not sure why, but theres no indication yet that GR is thinking along those lines. 

4 minutes ago, europia said:

His goals per minutes on the pitch must be close to, if not the best in the championship. If he were to sign for £11.5 million, one would expect him to be starting most games, in my opinion. Not sure why, but theres no indication yet that GR is thinking along those lines. 

Of course he's not. One lucky strike and a header that the keeper should have saved?

come on. 

he only lasted 6 months at wednesday. The best thing they could do would be to wrap up a permanent deal in early jan and get butterfield settled in properly. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Of course he's not. One lucky strike and a header that the keeper should have saved?

come on. 

he only lasted 6 months at wednesday. The best thing they could do would be to wrap up a permanent deal in early jan and get butterfield settled in properly. 

Not sure if anyones mentioned it before, but sarcasm doesn't work that well in written form. Particularly on forums and social media. Just an observation.  

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure if anyones mentioned it before, but sarcasm doesn't work that well in written form. Particularly on forums and social media. Just an observation.  

totally agree. Have a like.

About time that Derby County had a centre forward who took no prisoners and was afraid of no-one. We have been outmuscled for too many seasons.We need aggression to get automatic promotion.We need teams to fear us at all levels. If you want to try strong arm tactics then that we can provide.

Until the Ipswich game I considered Winnall to be the new Adam Le Fondre - undoubtedly a player who will get you goals but not a player with an all-round game good enough to be a regular starter. Like Le Fondre, always destined to be an impact player at Championship level despite many people looking at his goal ratio and asking why he isn't played more often.

Rowett's analysis of his previous appearances for us seemed to align with this, until after the Ipswich game. His all-round performance was a step up from what we had seen from him (again, as noted by Rowett) and he showed that he MAY be able to play a bigger role than simply being an impact sub. Only time will tell - he may well still be another ALF.

I have found it quite amusing when I've seen Sheff Weds fans claiming that if he was still there he'd be behind Jordan Rhodes - sometimes it appears that they're trying to convince themselves that Rhodes is the better player based purely on his transfer value. Rhodes is the archetypal 'massively overpriced, scores lots of goals but will be detrimental to your team's overall performance if you pin all your hopoes on him' striker. I wouldn't touch him with yours. 7 goals in 42 appearances for them.

500k for Winnall or £10m for Jordan Rhodes. Tough choice?

1 hour ago, needles said:

Does anyone know if there's a recall clause for Winnall, or a send back clause for Butterfield?

Recall clauses are no longer allowed from last season loans run from transfer window to transfer window or for full seasons.

On a full season loan a player may return to his parent club only if all parties agree to terminate the loan deal in January has we found out with Chris Martin.

Both Winnall and Butterfield are on season long loans so even if they wanted Winnall back Derby and the player would have to agree which is very unlikely.Has for Butterfield we are not likely to want to take him back even if Wednesday want to send him.

Archived