Sam Winnall

MackworthRamIsGod

If they want him back and he wants to go then let him, on one condition...

They have to exercise their right to buy Butterfield off us. If they aren’t prepared to give us money for Butterfield, we aren’t prepared to give them Winnall back.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eddie said:

There is no option of keeping or not keeping Winnall at the end of the season. He returns to his parent club with the thanks of Derby County and the fans. Well, some fans by the sound of it.,

Reality of Premier League would kick in for DCFC. 

Thanks Sam you are doing a good job but Chris Martin equally deserves chances and would like to play. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Reality of Premier League would kick in for DCFC. 

Thanks Sam you are doing a good job but Chris Martin equally deserves chances and would like to play. 

Martin - 1 goal in 5 starts, 17 sub appearances

Winnall - 6 goals in 5 starts, 8 sub appearances.

I'd say Winnall deserves chances a little more than Martin as it stands.. 

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If they want him back and he wants to go then let him, on one condition...

They have to exercise their right to buy Butterfield off us. If they aren’t prepared to give us money for Butterfield, we aren’t prepared to give them Winnall back.

LOL. Seriously? You think they’d fall for that?

We can safely assume they’ve spotted the donkey imposter they signed at this point. 

Winnalls goal to game ratio for us has also not gone unnoticed. 

Do the maths.

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

LOL. Seriously? You think they’d fall for that?

We can safely assume they’ve spotted the donkey imposter they signed at this point. 

Winnalls goal to game ratio for us has also not gone unnoticed. 

Do the maths.

That’s the point.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

We're not set up to play that way any more, and everything seems to bounce off him at the minute. Anything else?

Not an accident I don’t think that post Ipswich, Rowett specifically mentioned good hold up play recently in relation to ...you guessed it ... Sam Winnall! 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes 

We're setup to play on the counter. Use the pace of the front 4 to get in behind teams with neat passing, or Huddlestone's passes into the channels.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Martin and Vydra together. But why bother when Nugent and Vydra work so well together? 

Winnall fits that plan more than Martin. He has a little more hold up play than Nugent, but has the pace to want to chase lost causes, unlike Martin.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

We're setup to play on the counter. Use the pace of the front 4 to get in behind teams with neat passing, or Huddlestone's passes into the channels.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Martin and Vydra together. But why bother when Nugent and Vydra work so well together? 

Winnall fits that plan more than Martin. He has a little more hold up play than Nugent, but has the pace to want to chase lost causes, unlike Martin.

Thanks.   

I agree with your assessment but if Chris Martin gets no game time he’s always going to look rusty when he comes on but having said that Thorne and Martin Winnall all helped to calm dow Sheff U surge to win the game.  

I think without the substitutions we would have lost .

Wiemann should have been unselfish and passed to Vydra for 2-0 and instead shot wide  .

Wiemann did  not play well for me  .

Nugent was ineffective al game  

Johnson was ineffective playing in a 2 

Overall we are in a good position but fear Aston Villa catching us to top 2 as it stands .

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Thanks.   

I agree with your assessment but if Chris Martin gets no game time he’s always going to look rusty when he comes on but having said that Thorne and Martin Winnall all helped to calm dow Sheff U surge to win the game.  

I think without the substitutions we would have lost .

Wiemann should have been unselfish and passed to Vydra for 2-0 and instead shot wide  .

Wiemann did  not play well for me  .

Nugent was ineffective al game  

Johnson was ineffective playing in a 2 

Overall we are in a good position but fear Aston Villa catching us to top 2 as it stands .

Nobody really pulled up any trees. Though Davies, Keogh and Baird were probably our better players. Vydra did well up until what looked like a knock right at the end of the first half, then really didn't get going again.

Never got to grips with United's system. 

30 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

We're not set up to play that way any more, and everything seems to bounce off him at the minute. Anything else?

To be honest I’d say yesterday we were set up for a hold up player and desperately missed one because the ball kept coming back.

I’m not entirely convinced that we are set up to play a certain way and I’m not entirely convinced by the argument Martin can only play one way either

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

To be honest I’d say yesterday we were set up for a hold up player and desperately missed one because the ball kept coming back.

I’m not entirely convinced that we are set up to play a certain way and I’m not entirely convinced by the argument Martin can only play one way either

My comment on we can only play one way as can Martin, was of course sarcasm. Rowett seems to be unwilling to play another way.

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

With the two midfielders sat as deep as they did, Martin wouldn't (and didn't) make any impact. He's looked ineffective in all his sub appearances bar one, where he managed to get a little bit of a link with Thorne (playing where Vydra does) and he started to look like his old self.

Vydra/Martin looks like it should work, but for whatever reason, Rowett doesn't think it will.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My comment on we can only play one way as can Martin, was of course sarcasm. Rowett seems to be unwilling to play another way.

Yes I think that’s a good point, he’s a stubborn bugger there’s no two ways about it.

Its mostly been a good thing, but in risk of repeating myself over multiple threads this morning, I think his loyalty to players like Nugent might work against him over the season. I think Martin/Winnall coming on and looking out of sorts points towards that, because they haven’t played with each other/s enough but have all the expectation to perform.

Archived