Sam Winnall

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue Winnall has seems to be players at Wednesday, always rumoured to have been in a couple of bust ups. Can't imagine he'd want to go back if he's competing in a promotion squad and enjoying his football again. 

Player power speaks volumes, look at the effect Thorne had. If Winnall wants to stay and Derby want him then I can't imagine we won' sign him

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

The issue Winnall has seems to be players at Wednesday, always rumoured to have been in a couple of bust ups. Can't imagine he'd want to go back if he's competing in a promotion squad and enjoying his football again. 

Player power speaks volumes, look at the effect Thorne had. If Winnall wants to stay and Derby want him then I can't imagine we won' sign him

punch up with Foresteri  - manager decided that one had to go!! he picked the wrong one lol!!!

Foresteri - done naff all this season - perennial sulker - and glad we didn't sign him some months back

Won't want to go back to dreary Wednesday - creaking old ground and training facilities...when he is in dream land with the mighty Rams

2 more today Sam - blunt the Blades

Winnall said in his interview:

"i'm not happy. I didn't come here to play a few minutes here and there"

or words to that effect.

So......i wouldn't think its a foregone conclusion that he will join.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Winnall said in his interview:

"i'm not happy. I didn't come here to play a few minutes here and there"

or words to that effect.

So......i wouldn't think its a foregone conclusion that he will join.

well if he knocks them in like at Ipswich - Nugent and Martin will be behind him!!

No rush at all we have him until the end of the season but if our manager wants to sign him in January and the new Sheffield Wednesday manager wants money to spend it may happen but I am sure we would want Butterfield gone permanently first 

Listening to GR,s interview it sounds as though he very nearly did not start at Ipswich, so I think at this point in time a permanent signing could be a way off yet.

I think he has earned a starting place for today's game let's hope he shows us all he is worth a regular starting spot.

We shall see!

Fortunate to have so many offensive players in form,rather than relying on the likes of Chris Martin,Bent and Ince. Have a little more unpredictability about us now with competition for places and options to mix it up. Winnall is no exception to the mix and has a physical eliment to his game which on occasions we have previously lacked. I also think he would link into the team regardless of who else he was playing with.

My only concern would be if we were to go up,,as we have him till the end of season,would we buy him or look else where.

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

punch up with Foresteri  - manager decided that one had to go!! he picked the wrong one lol!!!

Foresteri - done naff all this season - perennial sulker - and glad we didn't sign him some months back

Won't want to go back to dreary Wednesday - creaking old ground and training facilities...when he is in dream land with the mighty Rams

2 more today Sam - blunt the Blades

Hate sulkers !!! 

1 hour ago, caymanram said:

Hard on Sam today....harsh...and to be honest also brave on GR’s part. Feel sorry for the lad though.

We know it’s all about the team and 3 points etc, but......

With hindsight,  the brave call wasn't rewarded. There are others who very firmly state you shouldn't change a winning team. 

Who'd be a manager? :blink:

18 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

My only question is can someone else bid for him? And what does it do to us if Wednesday accept?

He's already played for Wednesday and us and FIFA rules say you can't play for three teams in a season, so we have him at least until May.

6 hours ago, HantsRam said:

With hindsight,  the brave call wasn't rewarded. There are others who very firmly state you shouldn't change a winning team. 

Who'd be a manager? :blink:

Hardly fair to sam....

Fantastic previous game but not rewarded by a start when nuge probably needed another recovery period (the poor sods nearly as old as me)

Archived