Sam Winnall

MackworthRamIsGod

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Hard to argue with any of that. In theory you'd think the pace of the likes of Vydra, Russell, Weimann and even Lawrence working off his clever link play should thrive but for whatever reason it isn't quite panning out like that. 

But in the main they are starting ahead of him where as before he was looking to flick,lay off, pass to players coming from deeper and running past him ,, simple comparison is Martin in a ten role doesn’t work as well as Martin lone striker ,, Martin in a ten role want s players around him to receive the ball and take it forward then he turns and backs them where as vydra in the ten role mainly wants to turn and run at defenders / midfielders ,, it’s a shape thing in the main and which players / how many are ahead of the ball

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’ve always been a big martin fan, but we can’t just try and shoe horn him in for the sake of it. As it stands we’re second in the league so whatever we have done so far has worked, so until it stops working CM will have to make do with cameos IMO.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Fairpoint but I wasn't alluding to shoe horning him in. That's part of the problem to be honest with his cameos. I  think he can be very useful in that cameo role if used correctly. It's a difficult situation as we obviously don't want to sell him to a rival but his lack of game time and goals is all the while depreciating his value.

On this occasion i think we could have thrown him on up front with winnall with the instructions to go and grab the winner.

i remember once we were beating qpr 2-0 with a similar amount of time to go. Warnock brought on leon clarke and some other big bugger and threw the kitchen sink at us. Result 2-2.

On 31 December 2017 at 20:59, RamNut said:

Of course he's not. One lucky strike and a header that the keeper should have saved?

come on. 

he only lasted 6 months at wednesday. The best thing they could do would be to wrap up a permanent deal in early jan and get butterfield settled in properly. 

I know I'll get in trouble for blowing our best agents cover, but I couldn't let this moment pass without mentioning our Forum colleague; Ram Nut who has had a fine career with Mi5 Mi6, and the SOE. He has considerable experience in the disinformation bureau and had notable success on secondment with the CIA in Central America. 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

I know I'll get in trouble for blowing our best agents cover, but I couldn't let this moment pass without mentioning our Forum colleague; Ram Nut who has had a fine career with Mi5 Mi6, and the SOE. He has considerable experience in the disinformation bureau and had notable success on secondment with the CIA in Central America. 

Ssshhh

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

According  to the dt today,winnall is looking to be recalled by Sheffield Wednesday as their new manager wants him back....

I wonder if he is in the same position as Martin was at Fulham,where a recall can only take place if all three parties agree?

Now,I could see winnall wanting to return if he gets the opportunity to play more regularly for Wednesday but would rowett allow him to leave?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=717892378407901&id=416245111905964

Does Winnall want to stay with a team in the top two and force his way into having more regular game time, with perhaps the carrot of the Premier League at the end of the season? Or would he rather play regularly in lower mid-table?

Nugent's not getting any younger and Winnall is having opportunities, so I'd hope he'd prefer to stay with us and back himself to get more game time at Derby with a permanent deal in the summer.

Sheff Wednesday haven’t got a new manager yet but you can see why they may want to try a recall and also why they would want to send Butterfield back because it would be amazing if they wanted to sign him, our problem being that Butterfield is under contract for far to long and his mouth has more action in the press than his legs do on the pitch 

12 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Why would he want too? They chose Forestiri over him and turned three back on him

Ps also he doesn' like libraries 

Regular footie to encourage someone to bid on him come the summer and get a good deal???

Couldnt blame him.....in truth I am sure he was realistically expecting far more game time with us.

6 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Regular footie to encourage someone to bid on him come the summer and get a good deal???

Couldnt blame him.....in truth I am sure he was realistically expecting far more game time with us.

He was injured for a spell though and I think most of us were expecting nugent to have played less as he certainly is very good when he is absolutely fresh 

On 1/2/2018 at 11:08, Ninos said:

LOL. Seriously? You think they’d fall for that?

We can safely assume they’ve spotted the donkey imposter they signed at this point. 

Winnalls goal to game ratio for us has also not gone unnoticed. 

Do the maths.

Almost certain you were the one bashing me for ridiculing Butterfield - when all i did was say that Ledley's impact was far more for us than his was.

44 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Almost certain you were the one bashing me for ridiculing Butterfield - when all i did was say that Ledley's impact was far more for us than his was.

Not me. I’ve not rated Butterfield since he first stepped on the pitch. Utterly dire dull feeble player.

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I actually thought with Hughes going Butterfield would really step up this season, then I saw his one man slapstick comedy act against Sunderland and realised I was talking absolute garbage.

Did you see his latest slapstick act to hand Burton a penalty? Wednesday fans calling him their worst ever signing ... it’s not looking good for us NOT getting him back and I think he’s contracted through 2019.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

I always felt he looked like he would rather be doing something else!

Or was that we would rather he was doing something else?

Archived