Derby County F.C. v Sheffield United F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

not seen a replay for the pen, but looked at first glance a good call. Johnny gets through infront whilst defender is shielding ball out then gets pulled back.

Think it was for handball, as the defender fell he his arm landed on the ball.

Not an excellent half by any means. Sheffield United have controlled the game but not had any clear chances. We've defended well and restricted them to crosses from out wide. I'm not sure if they've actually had the ball in our box yet. Saying that, we could and probably should be 2-0 up. Weimann was inches away from scoring, if he had dragged the shot more then Vydra was at the back post for any ball that came across.

I'd say Davies and Russell have been our stand-out players so far. Huddlestone deserves a mention too.

Russell looking good going forward but isn’t tracking back . Ramage, ‘ he’s going thru the motions in terms of his defending’. Have to agree. Similar comments from some folks re Ipswich game. Blades having a lot of joy down that side and more convinced he’s set his mind on leaving this month.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not an excellent half by any means. Sheffield United have controlled the game but not had any clear chances. We've defended well and restricted them to crosses from out wide. I'm not sure if they've actually had the ball in our box yet. Saying that, we could and probably should be 2-0 up. Weimann was inches away from scoring, if he had dragged the shot more then Vydra was at the back post for any ball that came across.

I'd say Davies and Russell have been our stand-out players so far. Huddlestone deserves a mention too.

You have to say that the Blades look Tom have a goal or two in them today.....we need an early second imho.

4 minutes ago, caymanram said:

You have to say that the Blades look Tom have a goal or two in them today.....we need an early second imho.

They do look very capable. They're trying to play and trying to come at us. I'd have thought that would suit us well, especially now they're behind and need to go for it that little bit more, but it's not really working for us as of yet. I'd like an early change in this half if nothing changes, although Rowett doesn't usually rush into changes unless it's a forced one.

Archived