Nugent injured ?

CapeTownRams

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, caymanram said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere......but was just playing back the Millwall game and at the final whistle with the players shaking hands etc I notice that Nuge was limping quite badly and noticeably.

Any word on that at all ?

Yeah,saw that as well,hopefully just tweaked it a bit.

He's no spring chicken so hopefully he will either be subbed a little earlier in games or rotated....be mad to overuse him and pick up a major injury that sidelines him for the season.

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

And although Rowett will bang on about the importance of having a big squad with everyone havin a role to play, it'll probably an unchanged team!

This is what I'm worried about and I fear that we will get more injuries if we don't make changes. Also, there's no way that the likes of Huddlestone, Johnson, Baird or Forsyth will be able to play 4 games in just over a week and perform to an effective standard in each of the games. I don't understand playing them all when we have adequate replacements like Thorne who will be chomping at the bit.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Reports suggest we have a full squad available for tomorrow. 

if thios was true it would have been picked up by ramstv / radio derby. As they always talk about tweaks and people coming off with tight muscles etc. Im 99% sure there is absoluely nothing in this.

29 minutes ago, Spanish said:

And?  Do you have a problem with this sort of approach?

I don't like the comments he says in the media if he isn't backing it up with actions.

Plus as the players above says, at an average age of nearly 30, we need to be trusting the other players in the squad that they are also good enough. The bench on Saturday was one of the strongest I've seen in a long time. To think Olsson, Shacks, Anya (senior players) and then Hanson, Bird and Thomas as younger players are on the fringes is a pleasing prospect although the three seniors we do need to try and find new clubs for.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could explain the introduction of Winnall. Get him match sharp as Nuge and Winnall are quite similar players. Hope it's nothing too serious as we'll need the full compliment of our strikeforce if we are to continue our assault on those top two spots. 

If anything could improve Winnall's game, is just hanging around with, learning from and being understudy to, Davie Nugent.

Archived