Nugent injured ?

CapeTownRams

46 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What's the point in having Thorne, Martin, Olsson,Russell, Wisdom and Winnall if we are rarely going to start them? Their spots could be taken by under 23s instead if Rowett had no intention of rotating.

I think its called having a squad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm not that sure he has that much to learn....wasn't he the championships top scorer over the past few seasons?..(or something like that)

I believe he's scored quite a few, its more the odd bits of nous and tricks of the trade and so on that nuge brings to just drive centre halfs crackers. He's a decent footballer.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I don't like the comments he says in the media if he isn't backing it up with actions.

Plus as the players above says, at an average age of nearly 30, we need to be trusting the other players in the squad that they are also good enough. The bench on Saturday was one of the strongest I've seen in a long time. To think Olsson, Shacks, Anya (senior players) and then Hanson, Bird and Thomas as younger players are on the fringes is a pleasing prospect although the three seniors we do need to try and find new clubs for.

take it with a pinch of salt.  Why is the media so important?  I don't mind a bit of mind games if that is necessary; we appear to be less gullible on the pitch and off it and that is good.  He isn't aiming to mislead you 

Just now, Spanish said:

take it with a pinch of salt.  Why is the media so important?  I don't mind a bit of mind games if that is necessary; we appear to be less gullible on the pitch and off it and that is good.  He isn't aiming to mislead you 

I don't think he intends it...he just seems to change his mind from what he says immediately post match.

It's not mind games,he just says what's he's thinking at the time.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think he intends it...he just seems to change his mind from what he says immediately post match.

It's not mind games,he just says what's he's thinking at the time.

you write this as if it is fact when it may not be, I presume you are not sold on GR as our manager

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I believe he's scored quite a few, its more the odd bits of nous and tricks of the trade and so on that nuge brings to just drive centre halfs crackers. He's a decent footballer.

He's a wind up merchant who we all hated until he started playing for us....now he's our wind up merchant?

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

you write this as if it is fact when it may not be, I presume you are not sold on GR as our manager

Why do you think it's derogatory?

If anything I like the fact he says what he thinks......he does change it frequently afterwards however but that's his call.

And you,yourself seemed to intimate that your own statement "he's not trying to mislead you" was factual,when it was clearly your assumption.

You are correct however in believing that I'm not sold on gr as our manager,but he is winning me around with our results and better performances......it's not my favourite style of football by any means but it has proved to be effective of late.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why do you think it's derogatory?

If anything I like the fact he says what he thinks......he does change it frequently afterwards however but that's his call.

And you,yourself seemed to intimate that your own statement "he's not trying to mislead you" was factual,when it was clearly your assumption.

kash I really don't think he was trying to mislead you, why would you think otherwise? it must be factual surely?

19 hours ago, caymanram said:

It looked more than just tightening up etc. A real and pronounced limp. Winced at one point too.....

Won’t be surprised if Martin or Sam start at Hull.

No announcement from the Club re any injury so fingers crossed I guess....

Merry Xmas all.

Good news is we have plenty of cover. Most teams in the championship would love to have a players like Martin and Winnal pushing for a start. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Judging by rowetts comments on the DEL site today,he will be fielding an unchanged line up...Nugent must be ok?

Don't get it though. There's no way he will be 100% after the way he was on Saturday. Surely an 100% fresh Winnall or Martin would be better than an 80% Nugent?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Don't get it though. There's no way he will be 100% after the way he was on Saturday. Surely an 100% fresh Winnall or Martin would be better than an 80% Nugent?

Time will tell, but I reckon Rowett knows his players a bit better than us.

Archived