Spine

Spanish

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both CBS are solid. And we are sound in CM too.

infact back five look good with excellent cover/options.

Range of options up front too.

Not miles off the mark imo.  If we are going to strengthen in January I hope we go for one or two real top quality signings or loans rather than add more bodies for the sake of it.  And to be fair that’s exactly what I think GR will do.

(and shift some who won’t figure in GR’s vision of the future...)

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

As key as the others mentioned. 

I was glad Ledley and Jedinak didn't get too close to each other.

Trying to disentangle those beards would be like splitting the world's strongest Velcro. 

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I was glad Ledley and Jedinak didn't get too close to each other.

Trying to disentangle those beards would be like splitting the world's strongest Velcro. 

Thought Jedinak shaded it on the Beard of the Match. Come on Ledley, shape up a bit! 

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Both CBS are solid. And we are sound in CM too.

infact back five look good with excellent cover/options.

Range of options up front too.

Not miles off the mark imo.  If we are going to strengthen in January I hope we go for one or two real top quality signings or loans rather than add more bodies for the sake of it.  And to be fair that’s exactly what I think GR will do.

(and shift some who won’t figure in GR’s vision of the future...)

To be honest I would get rid of Shachell, Anya, and a few young ones out on loan, would I sign anyone? No, keep the squad together we have enough cover, please let's not upset the squad this time, we have a great squad at this level, we have cover everywhere on the pitch, let's save any transfer business for the summer , when we are in the prem. My glass is always half ful lol, Pease let's not sell Carson, Keogh or. Vydra, this is the spine which will get us promoted.

Just watched the match again on playback, with hindsight,  Grealish certainly stood out for Villa, not sure

who he would be competing for a place with, in our side yesterday? Is Weimannesque in that he makes things happen

going forward. Also thought that some of the criticism leveled at Chris Martin was unjustified, I never saw him ball watching

since coming on, and was also defending for most of their corners (a la Steve Howe) as well as chasing the GK down, 

came deep to reclaim the ball quite a bit!

Not really part of the "spine" but I think Baird is just as critical. I love his flat corners, he's a great passer and very intelligent defender. Baring injury, I can't see Wisdom getting back in the team anytime soon. Wisdom is young so, let's hope he's watching Baird closely and learning from the old master. 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not really part of the "spine" but I think Baird is just as critical. I love his flat corners, he's a great passer and very intelligent defender. Baring injury, I can't see Wisdom getting back in the team anytime soon. Wisdom is young so, let's hope he's watching Baird closely and learning from the old master. 

it is not that I think that the others don't matter it is just if you have a strong goalie, CH and a goalscorer you are half way to a strong team.  I think there is something missing in midfield though.  It could well be GT.  I agree that Baird is playing incredibly well.  I think there is more to come from Nuge/CM

Archived