Pets

Bob Gnarly

20240928_122600.thumb.jpg.bc42663c6f040cc10408da826a38004d.jpg

Stumbled across this little fella on my travels yesterday. Would have kept him but wasn't sure my 20yr old cat would be able to cope with his youthful exuberance.

I nick named him Dwayne(drain) as he was almost falling down the drain. Managed to find him a home so hopefully he'll have a better life than being a feral cat.

I would appreciate it if you could refer to me as a pussy magnet from now on. Theoretically I am, but nobody needs to know the real truth. 😺

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2024 at 23:20, uttoxram75 said:

My 6 year old daughter wanted a cockatiel back in 1990. She's never fed or cleaned it out once and moved out in 2004. The bloody thing is still going strong making a hell of a mess everyday by flicking half his food out of the cage. Its bad tempered, tries to bite you every time you put your finger near it and whistles loudly when you are trying to watch or listen to summat.

At 8.35 this evening the 35 year old cockatiel decided to fall asleep for the last time. Grandkids, grown up kids and wife have all shed a year or two. 
I had summatt in me eye so they thought I was upset too. 

Never thought a bloody bird would cause so much sadness. 

IMG_7277.jpeg

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

At 8.35 this evening the 35 year old cockatiel decided to fall asleep for the last time. Grandkids, grown up kids and wife have all shed a year or two. 

IMG_7277.jpeg

Thatcher was obviously before your time then😂

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

IMG_7277.jpeg

Sad news mate. 
I could well imagine any pet could cause sadness.

They’re the most loyal loving companions

6 hours ago, Alph said:

Sad news mate. 
I could well imagine any pet could cause sadness.

They’re the most loyal loving companions

Sparky was brilliant. He’d sit on my shoulder while I pottered round the house until he had enough then he’d bite my ear and fly back to his cage. 

I used to let him out if we had annoying guests I wanted to get rid off. He’d fly round their heads deciding which one to land on or even s*** on. 

On 14/08/2024 at 21:53, Nuwtfly said:

I lost my best friend over the weekend after he had a sudden heart attack. It was, by far, the worst day of my life. 

Please don’t sweat the small stuff with your pets and appreciate every second you have with them. They love us unconditionally and we are so lucky to have them in our lives x

IMG_0773.jpeg

Just over two months now. We still have these huge holes in our hearts but it is slowly getting better. 

We recently had a painting of him commissioned which is now sat in our living room. That helped. 

love your pets - we don’t deserve them!

IMG_1346.jpeg