Favourite Derby hat trick

Manicsheepreacher

Besides that ill fated season in the Prem the biggest gripe I've had as a supporter is having to wait nearly twenty years for one of our own to score a hat trick in the league. Between Paul Simpson's glorious treble against Tranmere and Craig Bryson's three merciless strikes at Millwall we'd seen the turn of a new millennia, a new stadium and umpteen managers before having that glorious pleasure of one of our boys going home with the matchball. We did have Arturo Lupoli and Nathan Ellington doing their best to erase that shame in the league cup, and also very dubious refereeing decisions against Francesco Biano and Malcom Christie against Leicester City and Manchester United transpiring against us, but now the hat trick hoodoo is over which is your favourite hat trick since Paul Simpson? 

(Correct the league cup opponents cos I think they might be wrong and excuse my dates, these are all from memory. Would be very pleasantly surprised if I've missed any) 

Derby County hatricks since 1995/96

Paul Simpson vs Tranmere 6-2

Nathan Ellington vs Grimbsy? League Cup

Arturo Lupoli vs  Stockport?                  League Cup

Craig Bryson vs Millwall            2014?

Chris Martin vs Blackpool.       2014?

Craig Bryson vs Forest             2015

Tom Ince vs Bristol City           2016

Matej Vydra vs Middlesbrough 2017 

I'm going to be controversial and rule over my heart and not choose the three from deforestation, but for breaking the hat trick hoodoo and also the sheer quality of the goals, i'm going to pip for Craig Bryson's hat trick at The Den. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson v Millwall 2013- 10/10

All amazing goals from open play. Exclusively screamers. The perfect hat-trick.

Martin v Blackpool 2013- 4/10

Weak, in all honesty. Two penalties making up the numbers.

Bryson v Forest 2014- 8/10

Admittedly one penalty but given the opposition and lovely link up play with Martin, extra points are awarded

Ince v Bristol 2015- 9/10

All great goals again but one point deducted for how s**** Frank Fielding was, he got a couple of assists there.

Vydra v Boro 2017- 7/10

The first goal and winning the penalty gets it to a seven, but one was a penalty and a gift from the keeper. Have to be fair.

2 hours ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

Besides that ill fated season in the Prem the biggest gripe I've had as a supporter is having to wait nearly twenty years for one of our own to score a hat trick in the league. Between Paul Simpson's glorious treble against Tranmere and Craig Bryson's three merciless strikes at Millwall we'd seen the turn of a new millennia, a new stadium and umpteen managers before having that glorious pleasure of one of our boys going home with the matchball. We did have Arturo Lupoli and Nathan Ellington doing their best to erase that shame in the league cup, and also very dubious refereeing decisions against Francesco Biano and Malcom Christie against Leicester City and Manchester United transpiring against us, but now the hat trick hoodoo is over which is your favourite hat trick since Paul Simpson? 

(Correct the league cup opponents cos I think they might be wrong and excuse my dates, these are all from memory. Would be very pleasantly surprised if I've missed any) 

Derby County hatricks since 1995/96

Paul Simpson vs Tranmere 6-2

Nathan Ellington vs Grimbsy? League Cup

Arturo Lupoli vs  Stockport?                  League Cup

Craig Bryson vs Millwall            2014?

Chris Martin vs Blackpool.       2014?

Craig Bryson vs Forest             2015

Tom Ince vs Bristol City           2016

Matej Vydra vs Middlesbrough 2017 

I'm going to be controversial and rule over my heart and not choose the three from deforestation, but for breaking the hat trick hoodoo and also the sheer quality of the goals, i'm going to pip for Craig Bryson's hat trick at The Den. 

Tito Villa scored a hattrick against Brighton in the league cup as well.

7 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Roger Davies scoring all five goals in the 5-0 win against Luton. That's what I want to see on Tuesday against Ipswich. Do that again and you'll be a legend.

Can't see it, he's knocking on a bit now.

7 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Roger Davies scoring all five goals in the 5-0 win against Luton. That's what I want to see on Tuesday against Ipswich. Do that again and you'll be a legend.

I recall in that match, he also hit the woodwork 3 times. Could have been 8 that would be a double hat-trick. For the record only Steve Bloomer has done a double hat-trick (6 goals in a match) for the Rams

Archived