Nigel Pearson Interview.

Stripperg-ram

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/10/nigel-pearson-interview-leuven-belgium-leicester-ostrich

“In between working for Leicester and OH Leuven, Pearson had an unhappy five-month stint at Derby that ended with him departing by mutual consent after a furious row with Mel Morris, the club’s owner. “I think all I can say about that is that it was a bad choice by me and it was a bad choice by them probably,” Pearson says. “We all make decisions which turn out to be not necessarily the right ones, but this feels a lot more like what I’m looking for. It’s got a different feel, there are possibilities here, and I think it’s a stimulus that I need.”

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder which choice he's referring to as being the bad one?

Sending Martin out on loan a rival in the same division?

Playing Vydra and Wilson as the most powderpuff front two in the league?

Playing Hughes and Bryson as the most powderpuff central midfield in the league?

Selling Hendrick then not replacing him with a centre mid?

Thinking Johnson could play as an out and out left winger?

Dropping Ince in favour Nick Blackman and Ikechi Anya?

He's right in that we made a bad choice by hiring him. Fortunately Mel corrected that error quickly enough.

To be fair he acknowledges he's been a dick on numerous occasions.

But do we want to be fair?

I think I prefer not being fair and calling him a stupid, previously overrated Lego blockhead.

"You'll know when I'm angry". Any bloke that says that has surely got to be a knobber? It's up there with describing yourself as funny, good looking or the life of the party. You just don't say it about yourself 

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think I prefer not being fair and calling him a stupid, previously overrated Lego blockhead.

"You'll know when I'm angry". Any bloke that says that has surely got to be a knobber? It's up there with describing yourself as funny, good looking or the life of the party. You just don't say it about yourself 

Take your point but I'd have been amazed if he'd instead truthfully stated, you know what, I'm a proper weapons-grade bunglec***

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I am good looking and funny. Just thought l would share that with you. Don’t try and disagree either or you will make me angry.  You’ll know when I’m angry.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I wonder which choice he's referring to as being the bad one?

Sending Martin out on loan a rival in the same division?

Playing Vydra and Wilson as the most powderpuff front two in the league?

Playing Hughes and Bryson as the most powderpuff central midfield in the league?

Selling Hendrick then not replacing him with a centre mid?

Thinking Johnson could play as an out and out left winger?

Dropping Ince in favour Nick Blackman and Ikechi Anya?

He's right in that we made a bad choice by hiring him. Fortunately Mel corrected that error quickly enough.

Fine lines between success and failure...

martin has been on the bench for the majority of this season

Nugent and Winnal are not exactly the best combination together

Huddlesrone and Johnson are the lease mobile midfield I have seen for a while

we have got rid of countless midfielders and now find ourselves short

Ince has gone and one could argue has been replaced by someone who is currently nowhere near the level he was playing at

Hughes has now been sold

The football is as bad as it was under Pearson.

Luckily we have a few wins otherwise one could argue they are not to dissimilar 

31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I certainly do on match.com :lol:

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am good looking and funny. Just thought l would share that with you. Don’t try and disagree either or you will make me angry.  You’ll know when I’m angry.

I'd say that about you. I'm not gay but if I was then you'd be a good night in. 

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

It's up there with "get your coat, you've pulled ".

Oh piss off. I should have known you were operating at a snob level when you said "match.com"

Plentyoffish - Women - 16 to 65 - any race - 50kg to 200kg - basic hygiene negotiable

It's all there. Go ahead and be a playa 

Just now, Alpha said:

Oh piss off. I should have known you were operating at a snob level when you said "match.com"

Plentyoffish - Women - 16 to 65 - any race - 50kg to 200kg - basic hygiene negotiable

It's all there. Go ahead and be a playa 

I'm flexible. Or I was about 30 years ago.

As I told a Hampshire mate "I grew up in Belper. There were about 5 chippies per person and the girls at school used to get summer jobs at Thornton's doing the Christmas chocs - and it was all you can eat for free. Wasn't till I moved south I realised girls that weighed less than 15 stone existed. "

But then again, I'm a right oil painting :lol:

10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm flexible. Or I was about 30 years ago.

As I told a Hampshire mate "I grew up in Belper. There were about 5 chippies per person and the girls at school used to get summer jobs at Thornton's doing the Christmas chocs - and it was all you can eat for free. Wasn't till I moved south I realised girls that weighed less than 15 stone existed. "

But then again, I'm a right oil painting :lol:

I don't know what my missus weighs but she seems to fit in the trousers round ere

13 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

The fact that a Nigel Pearson thread has turned into you guys practicing your pick up lines on each other in ever more homoerotic ways is a tad concerning. And you don't want to see me concerned. You'll know when I'm concerned :unsure:

Nothing wrong with a bit of bromance or the odd man crush....

.....in other news, where's the George Thorne thread (he's so hansom)

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

Does it work? I know back in the day

"Hey, wanna go to a mushroom party together? I'm a fungi"

Used to work. Or maybe it worked on the level I was operating on

Used this one a few times back in the day.

" Here's 10p me duck. Go and ring your mam and tell her you ain't coming home tonight"

Doesnt quite work these days since everybody has a mobile phone. 

Archived