Nigel Pearson Interview.

Stripperg-ram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Used this one a few times back in the day.

" Here's 10p me duck. Go and ring your mam and tell her you ain't coming home tonight"

Doesnt quite work these days since everybody has a mobile phone. 

Sure I remember Sid the sexist using that exact line. Think he substituted me duck for pet though but.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Used this one a few times back in the day.

" Here's 10p me duck. Go and ring your mam and tell her you ain't coming home tonight"

Doesnt quite work these days since everybody has a mobile phone. 

I love how you say doesnt work 'these days' :lol:

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I love how you say doesnt work 'these days' :lol:

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's never worked if I'm honest. You've well and truly busted me.

Sometimes it can be so bad that it's good though. 

Stuff like that worked on my missus because it made her laugh and got her taking the mickey 

Or maybe she was just a bit of a bike.

Omg. I've been with her 10 years and we've got kids. What if she's was a bike!!? 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Stuff like that worked on my missus because it made her laugh and got her taking the mickey 

Omg. I've been with her 10 years and we've got kids. What if she's was a bike!!? 

Maybe you got top gear?

Think  NP was going in the right direction,just did too much to quickly and lost the dressing room / or what was left of it.

Yes mistakes were made ,team formations bizarre and not selecting some players questionable. Not a fan of what he did during his tenure but radical changes on /off the pitch and in the dressing room were needed. Too many players under performing and undermining the previous managers, costing them their jobs and Mel all too eager to listen to a discontented group of overpaid under performing individuals that could turn it on or not as the mood took em.

Was PC a bad manager ? I think not. Ok football wasnt great in comparison to SM first stint when anything seemed possible. Two nil down at Fulham and winning being a prime example.

But was PC management any different to GR ?

Np might be a nob,Have lost the dressing room but he gave the players and Mel a bloody good shake up and al for the better in my opinion

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

What do you mean WAS?

4 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Think  NP was going in the right direction,just did too much to quickly and lost the dressing room / or what was left of it.

Yes mistakes were made ,team formations bizarre and not selecting some players questionable. Not a fan of what he did during his tenure but radical changes on /off the pitch and in the dressing room were needed. Too many players under performing and undermining the previous managers, costing them their jobs and Mel all too eager to listen to a discontented group of overpaid under performing individuals that could turn it on or not as the mood took em.

Was PC a bad manager ? I think not. Ok football wasnt great in comparison to SM first stint when anything seemed possible. Two nil down at Fulham and winning being a prime example.

But was PC management any different to GR ?

Np might be a nob,Have lost the dressing room but he gave the players and Mel a bloody good shake up and al for the better in my opinion

You see I just don't buy this major changes were needed when NP came in - we'd just finished in the play offs with a decent squad that needed a tweak, a bit more consistency to get over the line.

At the end of last season....you could then say we needed the major shake up and all the rest.

I do however, agree that PC was mysteriously undone.....

Archived