Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

6 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

No George tomorrow, it seems. He's starting for the U23s tonight:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/george-thorne-set-start-derby-790946

If thats the case im a bit disappointed. He has looked good in the games he has come on, i think its time we need to start seeing him with more minutes under his belt for the first team.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

If thats the case im a bit disappointed. He has looked good in the games he has come on, i think its time we need to start seeing him with more minutes under his belt for the first team.

Agreed, Huddlestone is simply too slow, disappointed Gary hasn’t gone with George tomorrow, especially in an away game where we may need more defensive strength.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

absolutely,i understand the need to bring him back online slowly but he needs the first team time ....and we need him back too,even as a supersub (which half the team are nowadays)

on a different note,ive just listened to gr's pre match interview and its hard to discern who our front two are going to be and hes not giving much away at all,other than anythings possible...could be a different combo from what we have already seen?

4 hours ago, singaporeram said:

what time to aim for Covent Garden ? These 5.30 kick offs upset the routine....

Still there by 12. Won’t spoil routine but will increase Sunday’s headache somewhat. I just hope it stays good humoured. Extra couple of hours on the pop may cause the odd idiot to misbehave. I think the police are usually spot on with this fixture, but if it starts going wrong they won’t stand and observe like usual 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Agreed, Huddlestone is simply too slow, disappointed Gary hasn’t gone with George tomorrow, especially in an away game where we may need more defensive strength.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

absolutely,i understand the need to bring him back online slowly but he needs the first team time too...and we need him back too,even as a supersub (which half the team are nowadays)

What I don't get is he was left out the last U23 game when it would have been a good chance for him to get some minutes.

42 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

absolutely,i understand the need to bring him back online slowly but he needs the first team time ....and we need him back too,even as a supersub (which half the team are nowadays)

on a different note,ive just listened to gr's pre match interview and its hard to discern who our front two are going to be and hes not giving much away at all,other than anythings possible...could be a different combo from what we have already seen?

The front two will be vydra behind Martin or Nugent almost certainly, hard to tell which one mind. Would be flabbergasted as well as annoyed if Winnall starts, he’s good as a sub but he offers little in overall play compared to the other three.

This is a tough test. Very good side on their day. I’d like to see Huddlestone out but I’m bored of saying that. I’m not against him, he has quality, but part of me wants to see us without him, see how we perform. 

I can’t make the game anyway, I don’t miss many and I’m gutted about this one as I love this away trip usually. But I’ve money to make and it’s Xmas on the horizon. 

Fancy us to nick it. Nuge late on. 1-0. 

UTR

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The front two will be vydra behind Martin or Nugent almost certainly, hard to tell which one mind. Would be flabbergasted as well as annoyed if Winnall starts, he’s good as a sub but he offers little in overall play compared to the other three.

Now you see I disagree with you there. I think it’s Vydra who offers little in general play. Winnall puts defenders unde pressure and runs his socks off. He just needs Martin to feed off or a better supply from the wings.

Vydra is a goal scorer but away from home against a side who may well boss possession I’d be tempted to start with Winnall to close down and Martin to make best use of the ball we get.

I just think it’s great we have options!

:)

Archived