Chris Martin

DEL

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

..... a far greater issue as well as Forsyth’s complete inability to play football.

Are you sure you're a Derby fan? The whole team were poor against Reading but this is a balanced and considered appraisal of Craig Forsyth's footballing abilities, is it? I guess this is where you tell me you're not slagging him off, huh? Another one for the 'Ignore User' list.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Are you sure you're a Derby fan? The whole team were poor against Reading but this is a balanced and considered appraisal of Craig Forsyth's footballing abilities, is it? I guess this is where you tell me you're not slagging him off, huh? Another one for the 'Ignore User' list.

To be fair, he could have meant that in terms of comfort on the ball... which wouldn’t be wrong.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

To be fair, he could have meant that in terms of comfort on the ball... which wouldn’t be wrong.

'Complete inability to play football' is, I think, pretty unequivocal.

Guess he must have shinned the pinpoint cross for the winner at Leeds then or maybe he was just trying to get the ball off the park? Never ceases to amaze me how many 'fans' can't just accept that we are a Championship side comprising of Championship players. Not a single Messi in sight but thankfully not too many Claude Davis' either. Forsyth is some way off the worst player on our books currently and frankly I'm just bored of the constant sniping we've seen with Keogh, Russell, Martin, Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, Huddlestone, Lawrence, christ, the list is endless. Folk even slaughtered Ince before he suddenly became the messiah and likewise Hendrick prior to his sale. Yes, it's a forum and everyone is entitled to their say but the sheer lack of respect and loyalty shown by a good few, most of whom would likely struggle to play in a pub league just really grinds my gears. The lad has had some bad injuries and had been showing some good form recently but let's scapegoat him for Saturday, shall we?

Craig had a poor game, yep, no doubt, but 'complete inability to play football?' GTFOH. 

12 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Guess he must have shinned the pinpoint cross for the winner at Leeds then or maybe he was just trying to get the ball off the park? Never ceases to amaze me how many 'fans' can't just accept that we are a Championship side comprising of Championship players. Not a single Messi in sight but thankfully not too many Claude Davis' either. Forsyth is some way off the worst player on our books currently and frankly I'm just bored of the constant sniping we've seen with Keogh, Russell, Martin, Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, Huddlestone, Lawrence, christ, the list is endless. Folk even slaughtered Ince before he suddenly became the messiah and likewise Hendrick prior to his sale. Yes, it's a forum and everyone is entitled to their say but the sheer lack of respect and loyalty shown by a good few, most of whom would likely struggle to play in a pub league just really grinds my gears. The lad has had some bad injuries and had been showing some good form recently but let's scapegoat him for Saturday, shall we?

Craig had a poor game, yep, no doubt, but 'complete inability to play football?' GTFOH. 

It's basically b******* isn't it....

End of...

Eventually you will only be lauded at this club if you can hoof a ball for five hundred yards and can run around a lot.

#endofthederbyway

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's basically b******* isn't it....

End of...

Eventually you will only be lauded at this club if you can hoof a ball for five hundred yards and can run around a lot.

#endofthederbyway

I'd hate to go to work with some of those on here. They're obviously perfect at what they do, all day, every day and quite happy to shout the odds if anyone else makes a mistake. Look, there's an error in his spreadsheet, a typo in his report, sack him, he's s****.

Must make for a wonderful working environment :pinch:

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Indeed I did mean that, distribution from the back became a massive issue when Keogh went off and no one really stepped up to the plate. Unsure what the previous users problem with me is, seems to have an obsession with jumping down my throat on every comment I make.

21 hours ago, toddy said:

Here we go with the myth that Martin is a continual 20 goal striker......Yep he did so twice and yes he was a fantastic striker for us in that time period.

Yet since then his goal tally has continually got worse season on season, there is know denying he was once  a good striker for us, but he time is gone he has peaked as a striker for us,  1 in 31 is shocking.

He is now really an impact striker and there is nothing wrong in that, it would give us options in a game.

Do you read posts before you respond. ??? Nowhere is anyone saying Martin is  a continual 20 goal striker . It was a response to post talking about credit for Martins good period relying on other players. 

11 hours ago, 86 points said:

It also never ceases to amaze me that some people have no comprehension whatsoever how hard it is to play at this elite level, at this speed, with a million decisions to make every minute. Millions of people play football, a comparative handful make it as far as Championship level. You've got to be something very special physically and mentally to make it this far. Yet people talk about playing football at the second highest level in the country as if it's getting out of bed.

11 hours ago, 86 points said:

Folk even slaughtered Ince before he suddenly became the messiah and likewise Hendrick prior to his sale.

Think Fozz could do with a rest - We have a very capable replacement for him and wouldn't do him any harm after a full season out

Pretty sure Hendrick was a bit-part player for us before he left and wasn't really going to be guaranteed a game ahead of Thorne, Hughes and Bryson - But now - THE ULTIMATE ANSWER TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS (even though he probably wouldn't be best suited to a 4-2-3-1 at all)

6 hours ago, DRBee said:

Do you read posts before you respond. ??? Nowhere is anyone saying Martin is  a continual 20 goal striker . It was a response to post talking about credit for Martins good period relying on other players. 

Martinites on here continually use the term Martin is a 20 goal a season striker, when in fact he has managed it twice in 5 seasons for us. He now has 1 in 31 appearances which by any strikers standards is extremely poor.

16 minutes ago, toddy said:

Martinites on here continually use the term Martin is a 20 goal a season striker, when in fact he has managed it twice in 5 seasons for us. He now has 1 in 31 appearances which by any strikers standards is extremely poor.

Martinis surely?

45 minutes ago, toddy said:

“Hello Sir, I’m afraid to say this Toddy you have sent me appears to be nothing but a broken record”

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

It also never ceases to amaze me that some people have no comprehension whatsoever how hard it is to play at this elite level, at this speed, with a million decisions to make every minute. Millions of people play football, a comparative handful make it as far as Championship level. You've got to be something very special physically and mentally to make it this far. Yet people talk about playing football at the second highest level in the country as if it's getting out of bed.

Deleted. Vulcan I've deleted my original response because I think I may have misunderstood your reply. In essence I think you are saying that no Championship player arrives there with 'a complete inability to play football' as stated by one in-house expert. Is that right? My initial response was taking your point a rather different way!

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Think Fozz could do with a rest - We have a very capable replacement for him and wouldn't do him any harm after a full season out

Pretty sure Hendrick was a bit-part player for us before he left and wasn't really going to be guaranteed a game ahead of Thorne, Hughes and Bryson - But now - THE ULTIMATE ANSWER TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS (even though he probably wouldn't be best suited to a 4-2-3-1 at all)

Nail on head for me - Fozzy was leggy as fook, but to be fair, so were others who've not had so much time out of the game. 

As for Hendrick, he was always a player of immense latent ability and while I accept he showed it only fleetingly for Derby, the point I was making was that he was wrongly written off as second rate, a view he has disproved in spades since he left. He was one of the few in the squad easily capable of mixing it in the Premiership yet many derided him as useless or worse based on his performances for us. Jesus, look at Ryan Shotton and the flak he got. Seems to be doing ok these days huh? Folk are far too keen on slagging player's ability without any understanding as to how important it is to use players in their best roles and positions if you want to see them flourish. They're not machines either and bad games will follow without the need for KW's to write them off from the comfort of their armchairs.

Heyho, whatever turns them on I guess!

Archived