Chris Martin

DEL

Martin is the most complete striker we have. Doesn't mean he will be top goalscorer but in terms of goals, assists and all round play he is the best we have. I would pair him with any of the other 3 and back him to thrive. On top of that is expect them to thrive too. In certain circumstances i would mix it up but mostly I'd centre our attack around him.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Martin is the most complete striker we have. Doesn't mean he will be top goalscorer but in terms of goals, assists and all round play he is the best we have. I would pair him with any of the other 3 and back him to thrive. On top of that is expect them to thrive too. In certain circumstances i would mix it up but mostly I'd centre our attack around him.

Makes you wonder how we managed to get top six without him 

56 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Not really. Football just so happens to be a team game so it's entirely possible for us to do well (or badly) with certain players in or out of the team. The evidence just suggests that Martin is one of the stronger players in the squad and therefore I believe us to be a better team with him in it. Ultimately if we do well without him I'll be just as pleased as if he were involved.

4 hours ago, Mistaram said:

The only time we have been top 6 after a game this season is after Martin started and played the full 90 against Leeds. He gets dropped for Reading and we dropped out of the top 6. Coincidence? ?

11 hours ago, rynny said:

The only time we have been top 6 after a game this season is after Martin started and played the full 90 against Leeds. He gets dropped for Reading and we dropped out of the top 6. Coincidence? ?

Why must you always use actual facts and evidence to back up your arguments? It's really rather inconvenient.

14 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

We didn't did we? My memory must be playing up because I don't remember us reaching the play-offs last season.

No we didn't. Unless you count 2005 and 2007 but that's a bit unfair on Martin, although in fairness he contributed nowt those seasons.

Archived