Craig Ramage - There's Something happening here !!

NottsRammy

Time I think for you to say YOUR immortal Line .

We have been here before but somehow a gut feeling there is more steel and togetherness in this team .

And all WITHOUT .....HUGHES & INCE  I  wonder were all those we wont do anything without these players are now :) ( I'm not smug ) .

Puts his TIN HAT on ;P

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

We have been here before but somehow a gut feeling there is more steel and togetherness in this team .

And all WITHOUT .....HUGHES & INCE  I  wonder were all those we wont do anything without these players are now :) ( I'm not smug ) .

Puts his TIN HAT on ;P

We have had 4 very good results but the overall performances in those games have been mixed (which even Rowett has said). We did enough to beat Forest, Wed and Leeds, the Norwich performance was probably the best of the 4.

It is far too early to in the season to say that there is something special happening, at the same time it is too early to say there isn't. Let's just sit back and enjoy the results and hopefully an improvement in performances before we go crowing about we have and haven't missed 

57 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Puts his TIN HAT on ;P

Enjoying the recent results but the teams we have played have all gone out to beat us and played right into our counter attacking style of play. 

Now we sit in the top six the opposition won't be so forth coming so we will need to figure out how to break them down. 

Reading is going to be very interesting in how GR sets us up as they will be putting everyone behind the ball. 

Do we have the know how to get behind a defence who sit on the edge of the box? 

Remember Birmingham ! Interesting times await but currently loving the unbeaten run

Rowett has said in interviews there is things he’s not happy with buts he’s delighted with the players resolve and togetherness etc etc 

Football is a funny old game .

We should all be happy today IMO and to be fair to everyone on the forum they all want the best for DCFC and after all we have to talk about something on here . 

Up the Rams 

We beat the Leeds 

PS Gary Rowett is doing his best for us fans we should remember that. 

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

We have had 4 very good results but the overall performances in those games have been mixed (which even Rowett has said). We did enough to beat Forest, Wed and Leeds, the Norwich performance was probably the best of the 4.

It is far too early to in the season to say that there is something special happening, at the same time it is too early to say there isn't. Let's just sit back and enjoy the results and hopefully an improvement in performances before we go crowing about we have and haven't missed 

That's a good sign to some extent though if you're not playing well and getting results. Or look at it the other way are the good results papering over the performances?

39 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

That's a good sign to some extent though if you're not playing well and getting results. Or look at it the other way are the good results papering over the performances?

Exactly, it is a good sign but until we have played a significant amount of games we don't know if this is as good as it gets or if we are still improving.

Just now, rynny said:

Exactly, it is a good sign but until we have played a significant amount of games we don't know if this is as good as it gets or if we are still improving.

Although the teams we have played, Cardiff, Forest, Weds, Norwich, Leeds it's not like we are beating bottom teams playing badly and scraping a win. 

4 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Puts his TIN HAT on ;P

There's also something happening at Watford without Hughes.

41 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I’d swap Lawrence for Ince in a heartbeat. 

Not that I don’t like/rate Lawrence, I do. But let’s be right, Tom Ince is different gravy at this level. 

Hughes? Maybe not, I don’t see a place in this team for him. 

Thought we could have done with Hughes when we were trying to break Wednesday down, getting into the pockets Huddlestone was

4 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Puts his TIN HAT on ;P

We would without doubt be better with ince still here. Not too bothered about Hughes as he doesn’t fit Gary’s mould. 

8 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Be interesting to know who the outstanding 'performers' are in the championship. OK Wolves looked good the way they moved the ball around, Cardiff more workman like and Sheff  Utd aren't exactly Barcelona. You don't have to be the best footballing side to get promoted from this league. 

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Thought we could have done with Hughes when we were trying to break Wednesday down, getting into the pockets Huddlestone was

When did he ever do that well for us though? 

To keep things ticking over and maintaining possession he was brilliant at. Unlocking defences with that killer ball was something we didn’t see enough of from young William IMO. 

George Thorne has probably provided more in the last few years and he’s got one leg with only a handful of appearances to go off. 

Archived