October Manager of the Month

Day

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DEL said:

Please don't.

Why? If it’s the myth of going on a poor run of form after winning it, is just that, a myth.

See my earlier post in the topic with McClaren wining it in November last year, the next month we went unbeaten.

1 hour ago, David said:

Why? If it’s the myth of going on a poor run of form after winning it, is just that, a myth.

See my earlier post in the topic with McClaren wining it in November last year, the next month we went unbeaten.

Blar blar blur

8 hours ago, DEL said:

Please don't.

The only reason that any ‘myth’ has validity is that any run has to end eventually, so statistically speaking, after winning 4 in a row and being awarded manager of the month, you are bound to loose one eventually. 

2 hours ago, David said:

But it was a delayed reaction when McClaren won it, it didn't sink in straight away. ?

3 hours ago, David said:

Yep he liked a glass of wine

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

But it was a delayed reaction when McClaren won it, it didn't sink in straight away. ?

We f****** up under McClaren because he tried to take us away from grinding out wins as we were doing and tried to dominate football matches again (which was his remit when he was re-hired)

10 hours ago, David said:

Because it's a curse that's all. And no I don't really want to see your earlier post in this thread sorry. :)

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The only reason that any ‘myth’ has validity is that any run has to end eventually, so statistically speaking, after winning 4 in a row and being awarded manager of the month, you are bound to loose one eventually. 

There is a difference between lose and loose. :whistle:

7 minutes ago, DEL said:

Because it's a curse that's all. And no I don't really want to see your earlier post in this thread sorry. :)

If it’s a curse how do you explain McClaren going unbeaten the following month after winning it?

Archived