U23’s v Spurs, Friday 7pm - Free Entry

Day

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/10/support-our-under-23s-for-free-against-spurs

There will be no reserved seating on the night and supporters are advised to head straight to the lower section of the East Stand upon their arrival at Pride Park.

The club will also open up Car Park A, which is located on the same side as the East Stand, and parking will be available on a first come, first served basis.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Does this mean, you dont have to pick up a "free ticket" from the ticket office, whilst also having to give up your customer number, so that the club can see exactly which fans are going to these "free games"?

It's like a scene straight out of 1984.

Are the tickets not free then as your quote imply?

51 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Does this mean, you dont have to pick up a "free ticket" from the ticket office, whilst also having to give up your customer number, so that the club can see exactly which fans are going to these "free games"?

That's correct. You just walk up to the turnstiles.  It's been like this for all the home matches this season (under 23s). 

If you can't afford tickets it is a very good standard of football for free. Seen quite a bit of Thorne, Fozzy, Shackell and Pearce. Think Anya played once too. Also seen Jack Wilshere, Danny Ings and a couple of other premier players who are apparently famous but I had never heard of as I don't watch much Prem footy. 

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I assume that now the fans are away from the tunnel and bench areas, Derby don't have to be as cautious/bureaucratic with the entry process.

2 hours ago, David said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/10/support-our-under-23s-for-free-against-spurs

There will be no reserved seating on the night and supporters are advised to head straight to the lower section of the East Stand upon their arrival at Pride Park.

The club will also open up Car Park A, which is located on the same side as the East Stand, and parking will be available on a first come, first served basis.

So Car Park A is that the car park next to SubWay etc ? 

If so its not very big , what sort of crowds do U23's get ?

10 minutes ago, JG400 said:

So Car Park A is that the car park next to SubWay etc ? 

If so its not very big , what sort of crowds do U23's get ?

For the Sunderland u23 game I parked right outside the turnstiles of the East Stand as did a few others, but the carpark behind the South stand was open as well. Approximately 300 turned out for that one.

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Im going. Will park near The Brunswick. Have a couple and walk to ground. Taking a Citeh season ticket holder. 

He should enjoy the atmosphere of only one stand open, make him feel right at home!

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great game....glad to see daz doing well with his team.

Not sure how the under 23's are going to benefit the senior squad though,their style is completely different to the first team.

Good to watch though.

Did you think so, I thought they sat back, conceded possession and looked to attack 'on the break', very much like the 1st team.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Did you think so, I thought they sat back, conceded possession and looked to attack 'on the break', very much like the 1st team.

They did for a while in the 1st half but took the game to them more in the 2nd and closed them down in their own half and pressured them into mistakes. Spurs obviously went for it a bit more towards the end and we dropped deep and defended well.

I'd look at giving Luke Thomas a crack at the 1st team.

Enjoyed tonight's game, very fiercely contested by our young Rams and a deserved win.

Just to let anyone know who is thinking of going to the Under 21s cup game at Pride Park against Forest on 6th November that you will need to get tickets in advance for this game. It's still free but they need to segregate the fans. 

Just now, angieram said:

Enjoyed tonight's game, very fiercely contested by our young Rams and a deserved win.

Just to let anyone know who is thinking of going to the Under 21s cup game at Pride Park against Forest on 6th November that you will need to get tickets in advance for this game. It's still free but they need to segregate the fans. 

I took my grandson tonight and he mentioned the notts game but I'm nights and can't get.

Archived