Extend Joe Ledley’s Contract Please.

Coneheadjohn

Poll worthy  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Can we do it now to prevent any Kieftenbeldesque c*** ups.

I reckon he’s needed and is showing his worth.

Is this worthy of a poll @David?

Agree. I thought maybe he might be surplus to requirements once George was fit, but George showed how good he is in an advanced role today. I know it won't be popular but if I was to drop one of the midfield 3 that finished today's game it would be big Tom.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Agree. I thought maybe he might be surplus to requirements once George was fit, but George showed how good he is in an advanced role today. I know it won't be popular but if I was to drop one of the midfield 3 that finished today's game it would be big Tom.

Be interesting to see how Thorne,Huddlestone and Ledley would work,or a 2 If Ledley/Thorne.

Don’t like the idea of someone else sneaking him away in January.

Bryson just isn't a GR player. GR likes 'units' in midfield. He likes Johnson too as he likes his physicality.

Assuming we play a 4-2-3-1; Thorne and Huddlestone can battle it out for the DCM role. Ledley and Johnson for the role alongside with Guy, Hanson and BIrd as backup

I think it would take a lot to keep him here. 

He is clearly capable of playing at a higher level as we can all see and i think he will get suiters from some deperate prem club's.

We probably lack the funs or the appeal to keep him. But you can only hope that he really enjoys the club and maybe stays until the end of the season.

Keiftenbeld is nowhere near this guys level.

Personally I would look to find a more mobile DCM instead. We have conceded less partly as a result of playing 3 CM with Johnson replacing Vydra away from home.

If Thorne gets fitter then I would certainly not renew Ledley's contract.  

Ledley is a quality stop gap. but a stop gap nonetheless. His signing doesn't address the main CM issue. 

Please lets not suggest Thorne in an advanced role.

The guy is slow and cumbersome. He won't get into the box and won't run with the ball. A 25 minute cameo when someone with experience, knowledge and good positional sense was the perfect role for him yesterday, coupled with being 2 goals up thus the onus was on Forest to push men forward (Which they did).

I love Thorne but he must be in a sitting position. Also - as a team who won't be possession based, he can't hold that that defensive role on his own. Under Mac the style of football was different and with two runners either side of him, it suited his style more.

We won't be seeing Huddlestone and Thorne play together from the beginning in my opinion.

Archived