If we lose Sunday...

ramma

21 minutes ago, David said:

Isn’t every manager under pressure? 

Mourinho, Guardiola, Rowett is no different, you’re under pressure the minute you walk through a door.

As of today, now we are in the Football Manager video game era I would guesstimate that Rowett would be in the secure category on the job page. 

Football is football though, you know how things can quickly change, but as far as losing on Sunday goes, I would put a large bet on Rowett not getting sacked regardless of the result. 

Would need something to crack off behind the scenes, for him to go.

Fans will be fans, funny really as you have so many posting they are not really feeling the game on Sunday, yet here we are building this game up as a must win because it’s against Forest where it’s the same 3 points on offer.

Does it mean more or doesn’t it? Of course it does, everyone connected to the club would be gutted to lose on Sunday, but as I say (from what I’ve heard) this is far from being a win or you’re gone game for Rowett.

Whilst I see what you are saying, we are now in a Morris era, one that has created an ethos of sacking a manager based upon if rumours are to be believed player revolt, laughing during a game, not playing the derby way etc...

Most rumours are of course going to be unfounded, yet if we lose on Sunday, and hopefully we won’t, we are most likely going to be 10 points off a play off place and we are only in October, is that acceptable to MM ? You actually have an easier chance in the championship as a manager, the play offs give you that extra opportunity to be only the 6th best team in this league and you be regarded as a success, surely with the team at his disposal being so far behind after only 3 months would require a review of his tenure to date.

I wouldn’t expect GR to be sacked regardless the result of Sunday, but only because of what has gone on previously and MM will have taken notice of giving managers time and if this one fails then you to look at his role in the demise more closely, however had he been here instead of NP at that time I would have expected the same outcome for him, in the same timeframes.

Anyhow, last post on that from me as this is detracting from the build up to a local derby including what hopefully will be a win for the Rams, and subsequently we will see fewer of these topics over the forthcoming weeks and this being an irrelevant topic and can be lost in the depths of the forum.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst I see what you are saying, we are now in a Morris era, one that has created an ethos of sacking a manager based upon if rumours are to be believed player revolt, laughing during a game, not playing the derby way etc...

Most rumours are of course going to be unfounded, yet if we lose on Sunday, and hopefully we won’t, we are most likely going to be 10 points off a play off place and we are only in October, is that acceptable to MM ? You actually have an easier chance in the championship as a manager, the play offs give you that extra opportunity to be only the 6th best team in this league and you be regarded as a success, surely with the team at his disposal being so far behind after only 3 months would require a review of his tenure to date.

I wouldn’t expect GR to be sacked regardless the result of Sunday, but only because of what has gone on previously and MM will have taken notice of giving managers time and if this one fails then you to look at his role in the demise more closely, however had he been here instead of NP at that time I would have expected the same outcome for him, in the same timeframes.

Anyhow, last post on that from me as this is detracting from the build up to a local derby including what hopefully will be a win for the Rams, and subsequently we will see fewer of these topics over the forthcoming weeks and this being an irrelevant topic and can be lost in the depths of the forum.  

10pts from the play offs in October isn’t the end of the season, one of those sacked managers has shown how quickly you can fly up the table.

We also have a game in hand, let’s just say we went out the cup and beat Ipswich, today we’re 4pts off the top 6.

Fine margins.

I get why the rumours exist, we’ve been through many managers, although I think many either forget or don’t believe they exist that each manager has a set of KPI.

What they are is anyone’s guess, how much weight is put on league position with 10 games played? 

You could argue we’re in a new era this season with Rush gone, now I’m not shifting any “blame” for a second, but Sam Rush said himself and I quote from the last supporters meeting 

“2.6.  SR stated that decisions taken by the Club were not MM working in isolation.”

Stand by what I said, if we lose on Sunday and Rowett goes it won’t be because of the result, nor will it be a build up of previous results for that matter.

Could be wrong, let’s hope we’re not in that position for anyone to be proved right.

I think Mel will want to give GR a reasonable period.

No matter how boring or cr@p we are i would be very surprised if there was any managerial change until at least xmas or january at the earliest.

More possible in 2018 but even then there has to be a good candidate waiting in the wings.

who? I can't think of anyone.

Conclusion: i think a managerial change is highly unlikely no matter what happens v Forest or anyone else. 

What if we lose, but do so playing a more attractive and encouraging form of football?  Would that keep the (few) wolves from the door?   That's what I'm really bothered about at the moment.  I want to see a spark; something that's going to give me a some hope of entertainment for the rest of the season.  Win, lose or draw I don't think GR should be sacked, nor do I think he will be sacked, but I do want to start seeing something that justfies any long term confidence that the time he should be given will be well spent.

28 minutes ago, LazloW said:

What if we lose, but do so playing a more attractive and encouraging form of football?  Would that keep the (few) wolves from the door?   That's what I'm really bothered about at the moment.  I want to see a spark; something that's going to give me a some hope of entertainment for the rest of the season.  Win, lose or draw I don't think GR should be sacked, nor do I think he will be sacked, but I do want to start seeing something that justfies any long term confidence that the time he should be given will be well spent.

remembering some of the comments after beating Hull 5-0 I think some would disagree:D

54 minutes ago, Spanish said:

remembering some of the comments after beating Hull 5-0 I think some would disagree:D

I keep forgetting about that one.  Guess that should have been the 'spark' (although as you say, from what I read a few didn't think so) but unfortunately I was on me hols abroad and so missed it - which is typical!  However, as I didn't see it first hand, it didn't happen anyway!

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I heard Doris the tea lady is a bit nervous myself, got it from a very reputable source.

So I am told since shes turned 90 the quality of the tea has diminished and they think this could be why performances havent been so good for the past 2 years, shes on a final warning....so i have heard.

I think it was bills brothers wifes uncles arse that it came from.

I knew it!

I knew summart was mashing.

Don't think we'll lose but if we do I'll be more concerned with the performance and the performances of the season than the odd result.

If we play well and lose 1-0 to a freak deflection then I'll just kick the dog, shout at the kids, ignore the missus and be fine by tea time

The thing that no-one is openly admitting is.....if we lose badly either in terms of the performance or the scoreline or both, then there will be fan-rage.

and rightly so.

but....hopefully that won't happen.

Archived