If we lose Sunday...

ramma

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

We are the Rams, oh yes we are the Rams...

Actually thats not bad......but the young uns are too busy singing some meaningless tune.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:33, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we lose at the weekend Forest will get three points and we will get none.

Too true.

After supporting DCFC for 30 years I have deduced that the the team that scores MORE goals, strangely, always wins.

Its weird, but that's the way it is.

My research has been published in my book - 

Prof. W.H. Bandyflange: It looks like S**t, smells like S**t, ...  it is S**t (London: 2015)

(Yes I have been drinking)

On 13/10/2017 at 08:58, curtains said:

I have every confidence in Gary Rowett to get it right sooner rather than later. 

I’m not saying I want him sacked but ive seen nothing from our performance s this season to have any sort of confidence he’s going to get it right at all never mind sooner rather than later.

where does your optimism come from? (Not a dig, genuinely interested in what you’ve seen) 

If we do lose Sunday, but I know we will not, I am always positive against the red dogs at home, I will turn my phone off, so the few annoying Notts fans I know can not annoy me, and I will not speak to any of them ALL week, but if we win I will send them text after text reminding them of who the top team in the East Midlands are, childish I know? But I love these games if we win I will be happy all week and if we lose I will be pissed OFF all week, Once a RAM always a RAM.

Derby are going through a complete overhaul from the ground up and GR is the man Mel wants to do it with. The players are relearning their jobs which makes it sometimes painful to watch but it will get better as each game goes by. We have got some very good footballers at the club and have done for some time but our soft underbelly and lack of work ethic kept tripping us up.

GR is putting that right IMO and making us tough to play against. The focus is on discipline and knowing your jobs. That is what needs to happen and what is happening. Once the discipline is engrained, we will start to see more freedom and attacking intent in our play.

Mel supports this approach, GR is his man and no matter what happens on Sunday, this will remain.

28 minutes ago, Ramsam said:

We have got some very good footballers at the club and have done for some time but our soft underbelly and lack of work ethic kept tripping us up.

GR is putting that right IMO and making us tough to play against. The focus is on discipline and knowing your jobs. That is what needs to happen and what is happening. Once the discipline is engrained, we will start to see more freedom and attacking intent in our play.

I bet you believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny too?! :lol:

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I bet you believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny too?! :lol:

Time will tell but I am pleased to see something is being done to target our weakness.

You clearly are unimpressed so what would you do differently?

26 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Going to be tough for you if win tomorrow then. Suppose you'll be scouring Rowett's post match interview for contentious words again.

Does your definition of 'different manager' extend beyond McClaren? 

Yes.

Why will it be tough if we win tomorrow, won't that mean Rowett has got them playing well and scoring goals?

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes.

Why will it be tough if we win tomorrow, won't that mean Rowett has got them playing well and scoring goals?

Not necessarily. Could be a scruffy 1-0 win - which seemingly would not satisfy various individuals. 

Which other potential managers would you like to see at Derby?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Appoint a different manager.

Will you give them an equal period of time before judging them capable or not? If so and the successor falls short in the time frame, we would be on for 3 managers in the season. Do you think that is good for Derby?

14 minutes ago, Ramsam said:

Will you give them an equal period of time before judging them capable or not? If so and the successor falls short in the time frame, we would be on for 3 managers in the season. Do you think that is good for Derby?

I would give them as long as necessary to judge what they intended to do at Derby. What is good for Derby? You're suggesting the same manager for a long time, like Clough Jnr was good for us?

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I would give them as long as necessary to judge what they intended to do at Derby. What is good for Derby? You're suggesting the same manager for a long time, like Clough Jnr was good for us?

What they intend to do is set out at the initial interview for the job and agreed with the chairman. Mel has already agreed to what GR is trying to do. There are no surprises here. 

It is how GR is implementing that is important and in my view a season and a half is a reasonable time frame to make judgement on the proviso that the manager still has the respect of the players, which GR does, and we aren't going to get relegated, which we aren't.

15 minutes ago, Ramsam said:

What they intend to do is set out at the initial interview for the job and agreed with the chairman. Mel has already agreed to what GR is trying to do. There are no surprises here. 

...and we aren't going to get relegated, which we aren't.

Do you think Pearson would have got a season and a half, or PC if there hadn't been 'problems' to get them sacked earlier?

Too good to be relegated? :sleep:

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think Pearson would have got a season and a half, or PC if there hadn't been 'problems' to get them sacked earlier?

Too good to be relegated? :sleep:

I don't understand your point. I just said I think a manager should get a fair crack at implementing their plan with some provisos. One of them reportedly lost the support of the players, so, by my own rules, it was the right decision to sack. The other was not the right decision as the manager didn't get long enough to implement their plan.

Archived