Derby Derby Derby

Topram

Oh Derby, well last night was another pretty gutting night, conceding so late after much hard work trying to keep the lead we had, but we have to move on, we need to sort this away form out and if we can do that then we will be just fine, a good result on Saturday would be a good start.

Rowett is certainly the man for the job and can turn this around, the players showed more fight last night than we've seen before, we have a very good side that can compete at the top end of this league. 

Altough I've been a big critic over a few players which has been sour but as most we just want the team to succeed.

anyway bring on Saturday, 7.35 train and a small 4 hour journey to Cardiff! Let's hope the players turn up and get a good result before Florist! Up the Rams  

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

The ball was in play for 60 minutes I'd guess 

we made 120 passes 

2 passes per minute 

professional footballers

Pathetic

We drew ! For f**** sake. We didn't lose. We made 378 passes against Birmingham on Saturday and got the same result.  So which result was better ? A tough away game which we drew 1-1 and made 120 passes ? Or a 1-1 draw at home in a match many expected us to win , that we made 378 passes in ? Think about it and jump off that bandwagon.

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

We drew ! For f**** sake. We didn't lose. We made 378 passes against Birmingham on Saturday and got the same result.  So which result was better ? A tough away game which we drew 1-1 and made 120 passes ? Or a 1-1 draw at home in a match many expected us to win , that we made 378 passes in ? Think about it and jump off that bandwagon.

I say 120 forward passes is better than 600 backward and sideways passes.

A 1 - 1 draw is the same result. 3 points is better even if we score after 10 seconds and don't touch the ball again. 

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

The ball was in play for 60 minutes I'd guess 

we made 120 passes 

2 passes per minute 

professional footballers

Pathetic

Ffs if you're going to have a little rant at least make it fact based not guesswork! :p

I don't think we showed any more fight than any time in recent years. I don't think we've showed a particular lack of fight under Clement, Mac, Clough or Wassall. 

Don't think it was a tough away game. Was just an away game. 

What you want, regardless of the score and points, is to see good habits. 

We were 1-0 up and we chose to sit back, surrender territory and the ball with absolutely no intelligence in the small amount of possession we did have. We didn't win so it didn't work. This thread kind of implies it worked? 

It's not bad that we only had 20% of the ball and made x amount of passes. If that was Man City we were playing then that sort of situation is forced on you. 

What is bad is how we planned and executed what possession we did have. If you're going to sit and absorb pressure then surely you have a plan for attacking? If you're that sort of team then you must have a threat. 

Take Burnley. They don't mind not having the ball. Neither does a Pulls side. They don't care about possession. But when they do get the ball they know exactly what the plan is and they're both actually quite effective at carrying a threat. 

The worry isn't just from last night. It's that this isn't the first time we've shown stupidity with our possession. Not the first game we've wasted it. 

We need to make sure that we carry a threat. 

Bristol and Brentford found a way through. Birmingham too. Even Hull had some good opportunities. But v Hull we carried a threat tbf

For me we're not good enough at defending and we don't carry enough a threat. Last night was just another alarm bell for that concern. 

Like Mac always said, you get the performances right and the results take care of themselves. You lose some but if the performance is right over the season you get the fair result. 

The performances are not right. Not yet. A performance like last night and Bristol will not yield good results. So 1-1 might be an ok result but what happens if we allow Cardiff, Leeds etc 80% of the ball and waste possession? Bristol didn't need 80%. Sheff Utd didn't. Would Ipswich? Boro?

Archived