Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Would be nice, but like before I don't think it's possible.

He was registered at a club as deadline day passed. Unless the rules changed this season, if he was released he wouldn't be able to be registered to play until January anyway.

I'll hold onto a thin line of hope until someone posts the league rules stating that's the case then! :(

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'll hold onto a thin line of hope until someone posts the league rules stating that's the case then! :(

I'll have a quick look, but the club have released the statement saying he hasn't signed and he's gone back to Birmingham. If we've known of the issues since the start of the week I expect every possible way of getting him here was explored but we've had to accept it's not happening.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps I think too much of people, but a little part of my holds out hope for Redknapp, being an ex-employee and apparent friend of Mel Morris, to release Kieftenbeld and allow him to sign permanently. I assume they're going to need to free up places for wages, with FFP being a potential issue down the line. However, I'm sure they'd rather get a fee.

Here's hoping. 

Can't sign until January even if he does release him. Has to be a free agent when the window closes.

Just now, Kernow said:

I'll have a quick look, but the club have released the statement saying he hasn't signed and he's gone back to Birmingham. If we've known of the issues since the start of the week I expect every possible way of getting him here was explored but we've had to accept it's not happening.

You're probably right. Real shame as I thought Kieftenbeld was exactly the sort of signing we've needed to make since Eustace left. It does feel like one thing after another at this club sometimes, but we keep on! :lol:

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

We were always going to be getting rid of more players than we were bringing in. That was our clever plan of how we were going to make the squad size smaller.

I can't remember any posts crying about squad size after the Kieftenbeld 'confirmation' last week. Now suddenly, he was the make or break between a good squad size and absolute despair? I'd personally have kept Elsnik, but the rest of our deadline day dealings were good with me. I think GR will work hard to bring in a free agent CM and then at least numbers-wise, we should be fine until January.

Im not convinced GR will still be here in January! 

I think the line in the club statement thanking Birmingham City for their help and understanding is important. I suspect that a deal for January has been agreed - we may even be upping the fee to cover his wages for the next four months!

He couldn't play for us until January, even if we took the player now, so it may be better all round that he keeps ticking over for the Blues.

Just a thought.

Leaves us very light in midfield, if Hudders or Bradders picks up an injury or suspension we are in trouble. Hope we don't end up having to play Hanson or Baird in the midfield. I see Ledley is still without a club, could he do a job for us maybe on a 1 year deal?

Archived