Midfield

WystonRam

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cosmic said:

Let's not mess ourselves just yet. Sounds like there might be 1/2 announcements still to come.

Just now, cosmic said:

Let's not mess ourselves just yet. Sounds like there might be 1/2 announcements still to come.

Hope so !

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

like i said before, the system doesn't have a place for orthodox midfielders.

hooof

now watch Huddlestone get injured.

cant stand the term hoof.

Direct football, long passes at pace, open up the opposition and create chances.

I dont get how anyone can call huddlestone a hoof ball merchant.

Its 100 times more effective than that $hite mcclaren had us play, which i suppose he had no choice over, given bryson and hughes cant even switch the play, and can only pass it 10 yards maximum.

We now have Huddlestone, Keiftenbeld and Johnson for the two central positions. 

Thorne when he's back, probably for 2 weeks before he breaks something. And Baird if we're very desperate. Hanson if almost everyone else is broken. 

Don't we seem short, with 3 players for 2 positions.

16 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

We now have Huddlestone, Keiftenbeld and Johnson for the two central positions. 

Thorne when he's back, probably for 2 weeks before he breaks something. And Baird if we're very desperate. Hanson if almost everyone else is broken. 

Don't we seem short, with 3 players for 2 positions.

You've just mentioned 6 players, doesn't that sort of undermine your own argument 

43 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Direct football, long passes at pace, open up the opposition and create chances.

Its 100 times more effective than that $hite mcclaren had us play, which i suppose he had no choice over, given bryson and hughes cant even switch the play, and can only pass it 10 yards maximum.

I pity you 

59 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

How can it be direct football when more than 50% of the time the ball gets intercepted and comes straight back. Unless you mean Direct to the other team.  

56 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You've just mentioned 6 players, doesn't that sort of undermine your own argument 

Ah yes, because Hanson, Baird and Thorne are all viable options for us in central midfield for the rest of this season. If either of the first two have to play there we are in deep trouble, and are you willing to bet Thorne will be available for the rest of the season after he comes back?? Leaves us with 3 proper players for those positions. 

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Sadly you ignore the fact that McClaren, in both his stays, won football matches. Rowett will only be dreaming he can reach such %

Archived