Midfield

WystonRam

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, toddy said:

The dutch fella, according to the blues forum is not the best passer of the ball, but nodoubt can huff it up. Yes, we lose the best passer of the ball and replace him with a blues midfielder who can bare pass a ball [hey but he is friends with GR].

You're pretty much wrong about M. Kieftenbeld's passing ability, you should better watch some of the highlights from Birmingham City's matches on youtube. For example:

https://goo.gl/h7sk4a

https://goo.gl/RPcsgz

He's actually quite a good in short-passing, exchanging short passes with his teammates and creating situations, but it's also true he almost never plays long passes. And technically maybe he's even better than T. Huddlestone in certain segments of the game. 

He posses a certain level of trickery in his game.

1v6t6l.gif

1v6tpj.gif

He's also the third best tackler in the Championship.

mkieftenbeld-warekleuren-01.jpg

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/19/the-top-tackling-championship-teams-including-leeds-and-villa/

The only thing in which he's not so good, he collects too many yellow cards, average 7 yellow cards per season making him suspension prone.

He is not a world beater, but at the Championship level he's a top class midfield scrapper.

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

You're pretty much wrong about M. Kieftenbeld's passing ability, you should better watch some of the highlights from Birmingham City's matches on youtube. For example:

https://goo.gl/h7sk4a

https://goo.gl/RPcsgz

He's actually quite a good in short-passing, exchanging short passes with his teammates and creating situations, but it's also true he almost never plays long passes. And technically maybe he's even better than T. Huddlestone in certain segments of the game. 

He posses a certain level of trickery in his game.

1v6t6l.gif

1v6tpj.gif

He's also the third best tackler in the Championship.

mkieftenbeld-warekleuren-01.jpg

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/19/the-top-tackling-championship-teams-including-leeds-and-villa/

The only thing in which he's not so good, he collects too many yellow cards, average 7 yellow cards per season making him suspension prone.

He is not a world beater, but at the Championship level he's a top class midfield scrapper.

As i said that info came from the blues forum. I haven't even heard of him let alone watch him play. I remember when we got youtube footage of Blackman showing what a great striker he was. Reality we do know is something very different. Time will tell with the dutch fella.

13 minutes ago, toddy said:

As i said that info came from the blues forum. I haven't even heard of him let alone watch him play. I remember when we got youtube footage of Blackman showing what a great striker he was. Reality we do know is something very different. Time will tell with the dutch fella.

Do you think Gary Rowett is some sort of amateur manager?

He knows pretty well why he has brought him to Derby, I also see it the same way. It's quite obvious to me.

9 hours ago, toddy said:

Hanson is a defender who got put in midfield and was shown up badly last season.

The dutch fella, according to the blues forum is not the best passer of the ball, but nodoubt can huff it up. Yes, we lose the best passer of the ball and replace him with a blues midfielder who can bare pass a ball [hey but he is friends with GR].

I don't know if anyone has ever said but you don't half complain & moan a lot you know. 

17 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

Do you think Gary Rowett is some sort of amateur manager?

He knows pretty well why he has brought him to Derby, I also see it the same way. It's quite obvious to me.

Rowett of course has chosen him, like he did the first time . But it can't be denied its a 'poundland' purchase. It ain't the 'quality replacing quality' Rowett himself spoke of . We won't know the true value till we see him play,

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

But it can't be denied its a 'poundland' purchase. It ain't the 'quality replacing quality' Rowett himself spoke of . We won't know the true value till we see him play.

'poundland' (purchase) - you are alluding to a shopping chain in the UK that sells things only for £1.  

An interesting observation, I'd say.

What does it mean 'quality replacing quality' for you?

Paying transfer fees in excess of £5m, £10m or £15m?

Sometimes - yes, but certainly not always.

Either you don't understand Gary Rowett's football philosophy or is it something else? 

Which one is it, I can't say.

Gary Rowett's football philosophy is all about defending and finding the right balance in the squad. 

He likes players who can defend. The ones who can't fulfill his expectations will be shown exit doors, no matter how significant their previous achievements were for the club. You shouldn't have any doubt about it.

Mark my words, M. Kieftenbeld is going to be a key player for this squad.

On 02/09/2017 at 16:34, Orphanram said:

For me its a fine line what looks like hoof ball vs getting the ball forwards quickly to get in behind.  Leicester are an obvious example of what can be achieved by the latter and maybe Ipswich of the last few seasons are the prime example of the former. Like any formation and tactics you imbue within the team the two main factors which determine whether your Leicster or Ipswich (or most likley somewhere in between veering more towards Ipswich) are the personal you have at your disposal and how they buy into the managers vision. 

This is the team I would pick to match as close up to leicster in terms of current players if all were fit (this will cement any doubt in my own mind that if nothing I am a s**** armchair manager).

Carson

Wisdom   Shackell       Davies     Lowe

Kief

Thorne       Thudd

Lawerence                              Forsyth 

Bennett

Clearly some odd choices on the face of it but in my  my weird thought process a combo of thorne and thudd play the drinkwater through ball role. Kief might be our Kante, Lawerwnce is our Mahrez and Forsyth matches up Marc Allbrighton ( I think CF is our best crosser although im sure somebody will think he is worse than Nick Pickering or something) and Bennett probably has the most potential as being vardy like. 

This could also be the worst team anybody has ever suggested.

Your its the worse. ?

2 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

'poundland' (purchase) - you are alluding to a shopping chain in the UK that sells things only for £1.  

An interesting observation, I'd say.

What does it mean 'quality replacing quality' for you?

Paying transfer fees in excess of £5m, £10m or £15m?

Sometimes - yes, but certainly not always.

Either you don't understand Gary Rowett's football philosophy or is it something else? 

Which one is it, I can't say.

Gary Rowett's football philosophy is all about defending and finding the right balance in the squad. 

He likes players who can defend. The ones who can't fulfill his expectations will be shown exit doors, no matter how significant their previous achievements were for the club. You shouldn't have any doubt about it.

Mark my words, M. Kieftenbeld is going to be a key player for this squad.

That's two 'mark my words' in one thread.

It's nice having someone telling us what to think, saves us a lot effort.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Or Flamini.

That would an interesting one, but we have a good opportunity to play a tighter 442 which may suit Huddlestone and Johnson better with the likes of Thorne flitting in and out, Lawrence out wide with a more solid player in there such as Forsyth Lowe and a pairing up front like winnal and Nugent or Vydra and Martin 

34 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Where's Jamie Hanson disappeared to in all of this??  I'd have thought he suited a 4-2-3-1 better than a single holding player.  He's very much in the energetic destroyer mould who likes a tackle.  He's not called Bruiser for nothing!!

Injured himself running towards the derby fans after the grimsby postponement

Archived