Maikel Kieftenbeld - Never signed.

Day

The worst part is the reason that he didn't sign. Incredibly harsh if all parties had signed the documents but because it was a different part of the paper, it doesn't count.

Didn't Messi sign his first Barcelona contract on a bit of napkin?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how come the deal is off and he's returned to Brum. Expected he'd just spend a few months in the under 23s.

Not too much different to signing a player in June and having a preseason, though if we do go back in I can see Birmingham upping the fee to offset wages. Not going to go down well as he'll be 6 months from his contract expiring and we'll be expecting to pay less. We'll probably decide to leave it until he's on a free or conveniently forget.

Have to feel for the player a bit, but can see him becoming a popular excuse now. "If we had a Kieftenbeld type player..."

49 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

OMG Really? Bored of this mud slinging now.

Why should someones head roll? If as it is stated that the guy signed the wrong part of the document then he only has himself to blame. He was not at Derby at the time and it was last minute. Mistakes happen. I am sure we are not the only team to fall foul at the last minute. 

As far as I am concerned the FA should cut some slack in situations like this. Did the guy sign? yes the fact it was the wrong part of the document should just be semantics. If he hadn't signed at all or after the deadline then ok.

As for a shortage in midfield, we can still loan someone short term who is out of contract, might not be ideal but would eleviate some of the pain.

Loan window closes with the transfer window these days, so we can't loan in any replacements. :(

15 minutes ago, Rample said:

So how come the deal is off and he's returned to Brum. Expected he'd just spend a few months in the under 23s.

Not too much different to signing a player in June and having a preseason, though if we do go back in I can see Birmingham upping the fee to offset wages. Not going to go down well as he'll be 6 months from his contract expiring and we'll be expecting to pay less. We'll probably decide to leave it until he's on a free or conveniently forget.

Have to feel for the player a bit, but can see him becoming a popular excuse now. "If we had a Kieftenbeld type player..."

I suspect much like a loan deal we have agreed to buy in jan and already agreed a price , whether we need him or not

4 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Interesting point....... could pay out his contract for the same fee we agreed with Birmingham & be "released by mutual consent", become a free agent & get a signing on fee from us to compensate him for buying out his contract ?

I was wondering if this was a loop hole that could be exploited?

5 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Interesting point....... could pay out his contract for the same fee we agreed with Birmingham & be "released by mutual consent", become a free agent & get a signing on fee from us to compensate him for buying out his contract ?

Has to have been a free agent inside the transfer window to be eligible to sign as a free agent

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Has to have been a free agent inside the transfer window to be eligible to sign as a free agent

Nooooooooo! I was holding onto that faint dream of a resolution. Oh well. Back to Johnson and Huddlestone as a central two. Not awful, but not ideal. 

Archived