Sam Winnall & Jacob Butterfield - loan swap confirmed

Nuwtfly

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Wednesday have too many forwards and we don't? 

Nugent and Martin only real recognised strikers until Bents back in January. Would also allow Nugent to play the role vydras playing in, with either matin or winnallin front of him. Winnalls strong in the air too, something we don't have with our current forwards

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

Winnall and forestieri came to blows at the wendies a few weeks ago if I can  remember right. I'd imagine its a case they couldn't keep both players happy and one wished to leave 

Forestieri was the one suspended, would suggest it was more him as the instigator rather than Winnall.

We surely have another CM coming in if this is true though. If Butterfield goes to Weds and Bryson goes to Cardiff then we have Johnson, Huddlestone and Thorne who is soon to return. We can't expect Thorne to be full time, it'll be pure madness to have three players for two spots if we're serious about top six.

One more CM would be doable, with some help from the U23s stepping up. We've loaned out arguably the best U23 option we have to Swindon today. I'm not overly keen on Hanson or Baird having to play in a two man midfield at any stage of the season.

If this is true and Bryson to Cardiff is true do we have another ctr mid coming in????

This mean we would be left with Huddlestone. Johnson and thorne if no one else is added to the squad

Does this make sense to anyone else?????????? 

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

We surely have another CM coming in if this is true though. If Butterfield goes to Weds and Bryson goes to Cardiff then we have Johnson, Huddlestone and Thorne who is soon to return. We can't expect Thorne to be full time, it'll be pure madness to have three players for two spots if we're serious about top six.

One more CM would be doable, with some help from the U23s stepping up. We've loaned out arguably the best U23 option we have to Swindon today. I'm not overly keen on Hanson or Baird having to play in a two man midfield at any stage of the season.

Could go one of three ways

1) We do the most straightforward thing and bring in another CM to replace the two going out. David Davis being the most likely.

2) We give the incredibly impressive Callum Guy a chance to prove himself. Super talented player who can do the battling role.

3) We see a repeat of the "Don't worry guys, if Chris Martin is going we'll definitely bring in a replacement" scenario we saw a year ago today...

Archived