Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to presume with Elsnik off to League 2 we're not going to be loaning out or selling any of our senior midfielders in the end.

He needs proper first-team games. If not with us, I'd have hoped he'd have got them in League 1. But if Elsnik and Gordon can help with a Swindon promotion push, then it's good to get into the habit of winning. And two of them going together also helps young players, rather than being away on your own and isolated. Good luck to them both. I hope they do so stunningly well there's a clamour to recall them in the January window.

7 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Pretty annoying we've given away our brightest CM prospect when we have only Butterfield, Thorne and Bryson as backup/competition.

We also have Hanson and Baird that can play CM

Just now, rynny said:

We also have Hanson and Baird that can play CM

Hanson has been our worst player whenever he's played recently and Baird is a good RB but not the answer in midfield. I'm talking about players we can bring through. I had hoped Elsnick would be pushing Butterfield and Johnson to play.

If we don't sign a centre mid then I'm pretty disillusioned with it all.

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

Hanson has been our worst player whenever he's played recently and Baird is a good RB but not the answer in midfield. I'm talking about players we can bring through. I had hoped Elsnick would be pushing Butterfield and Johnson to play.

If we don't sign a centre mid then I'm pretty disillusioned with it all.

We still have 7 players that can play CM, Elsnik needs regular game time at first team level. It is better for his development to be playing every week than sitting on our bench, occasionally. We also have Callum Guy who is just as good as Elsnik.

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

Yes, I'd forgotten about Cotterill, he is one I could see coming in on the deadline!

Bloody hell if Cotterill comes we will have somebody who can actually cross with their right foot tired of watching Ince and Russell tie themselves in knots getting it on their left foot 

Archived