Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

The window closes at 11pm (BST) tomorrow night and doesn't open until 2018. Is it going to be a busy last day for the Mighty Derby, or will nothing much happen?

There is interest in clubs taking two of our senior midfielders on loan. But we will not want players going out on the cheap, for instance while we still pay a proportion of their wages.

One's been widely reported with Burton after Bryson, and you can see it would tick many boxes in that Bryson is someone who wants to play week in, week out, and Clough is a manager who knows him well. But we all know Burton haven't got a lot of money. Personally I think it's worth them pushing the boat out as he is someone who could make the difference for them in terms of staying in the division for a second season, which would be an incredible achievement for a club their size.

There's also interest in Butterfield, but we'd be happy to keep him in the squad if people don't put up the dosh (which if it's a loan I'm sure would be a fee as well as covering wages).

Haven't heard about any ins, but I think even if we lost these two we're still only edging down to the sort of squad size Mel and Rowett say they want. It might leave us light in midfield, but that's an opportunity for Thorne to come back, Hanson to make more of a claim and the likes fo Elsnik, Guy and others to come through.

I feel that is too light in midfield numbers, but the most likely scenario is probably neither deal getting done and us sticking with what we've got until the new year.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

I still think we will see one more in, wouldn't surprise me if we went back in for Che Adams now redknapp is trying to bankrupt Birmingham.

JayRam I would rather have Davis from Brum than Evens we've got enough strikers its midfield were the problems are 

Whoever is interested in Butterfield just let me know and I will be round to pick him up and carry him on my back to you Asap.

anya, shackell, Hanson and Bryson to go also. I'd look to sell Russell if I could get enough to buy Maddison 

elsnick, guy, Bennett and Gordon won't weaken the team over those mentioned above. Might even add some guts to the performance too.

For me if we got rid of any/all of Bryson, Butterfield or Hanson it would be good for our U23s. 

Elsnik's playing style reminds me of a left footed Hendrick and Callum Guy is capable of being our box to box energetic centre mid. These 2 should be in and around the first team this season.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

For me if we got rid of any/all of Bryson, Butterfield or Hanson it would be good for our U23s. 

Elsnik's playing style reminds me of a left footed Hendrick and Callum Guy is capable of being our box to box energetic centre mind. These 2 should be in and around the first team this season.

I agree totally, how are they going to develop, show there worth and increase in value if they never get a chance. If you played Butterfield and elsnick in every game for the remainder of the season I know who would play better and be worth more at the end and it wouldn't be the ex huddles field player.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree totally, how are they going to develop, show there worth and increase in value if they never get a chance. If you played Butterfield and elsnick in every game for the remainder of the season I know who would play better and be worth more at the end and it wouldn't be the ex huddles field player.

Also the fans would be more patient with Elsnik and Guy than they would be with Butterfield and Bryson 

Archived