Rams summer 2017 transfer deadline day thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The obsession with transfers is simply playing into sky's febrile hands.

Just watched 10 minutes of Sky Sports News Centre. It's been rebranded Transfer Centre. Some bloke has just tried to whip up a frenzy by talking nonsense.

Now a blonde woman is quoting opta stats.

It's a hideous circus!

Yeah and one that I imagine you and the rest if the football mad country will be watching tomorrow.

Lansbury and Jota would be my choices, with regards to the type of players we require. 

We need someone who can drive through the middle with the ball and subsequently find players in space. We also need someone other than Lawrence that looks as if they're capable of producing an incisive pass or scoring a goal (not an own goal). 

I don't think if we're left short it's the end of the world, even with a couple of additions we would still be considered as outsiders for promotion. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Lansbury and Jota would be my choices, with regards to the type of players we require. 

We need someone who can drive through the middle with the ball and subsequently find players in space. We also need someone other than Lawrence that looks as if they're capable of producing an incisive pass or scoring a goal (not an own goal). 

I don't think if we're left short it's the end of the world, even with a couple of additions we would still be considered as outsiders for promotion. 

Hourihane and jota for me but agree with your sentiments and reasons why mate 

David Davis & Che Adams for me would be ideal. Both good ages and fit Rowetts style. We desperately need someone with legs in midfield to break play up and get amongst people. Davis was a huge success for Rowett and with all Redknapps signings for Brum he may be available. Huddletsone and Johnson look painfully slow and Thorne (although I can't wait to have him back) does not inject any pace either. Che Adams would be ideal as the forward option. Power & Pace and can play anywhere across the front 4 positions.

Team is way too slow right now all over the park and we desperately need an injecion of pace. Especially in midfield.

If we only bring in Jerome it is worrying times.

10 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

David Davis & Che Adams for me would be ideal. Both good ages and fit Rowetts style. We desperately need someone with legs in midfield to break play up and get amongst people. Davis was a huge success for Rowett and with all Redknapps signings for Brum he may be available. Huddletsone and Johnson look painfully slow and Thorne (although I can't wait to have him back) does not inject any pace either. Che Adams would be ideal as the forward option. Power & Pace and can play anywhere across the front 4 positions.

Team is way too slow right now all over the park and we desperately need an injecion of pace. Especially in midfield.

If we only bring in Jerome it is worrying times.

Davis isn't quick. He's a limited clogger. 

Imagine if he'd been suggested a year ago. 

The hell has happened to us? 

7 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Davis isn't quick. He's a limited clogger. 

Imagine if he'd been suggested a year ago. 

The hell has happened to us? 

Yes he is. Extremely mobile and much quicker than any 5 central midfield options than we currently have (not hard). Brum player of the year too. Their fans love him. Need balance in the midfield and we have none. Huddlestone is a worse version of a fit Thorne (both good players).

7 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Read back, it was a response to someone saying we didn't need any ins or outs. It's pretty clear we do and what I said was what we ideally would like to do, not what we will do. ?

I did read it back ! And it's a deadline day thread i.e 1 day. ?

it would seem that most agree that 2-3 players coming in are needed and 4-5 going the other way. I cannot see how in the world we would get that much business done before 11pm. 

Im not sure we will get any business done and if we do it will be more likely someone leaving on loan. But i sincerely hope that GR has a good plan for the day and we can get some meaningful business done.  Good Luck GR.

Archived