Lifetime ban for supporter following abusive social media posts

Day

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

This was actually the lead story on the BBC England web site today. I mean really???? The guy is a complete tool and may well deserve to be banned but is this really the biggest thing to happen in England today?   

Actually having thought about this I think there is a story here. The club has tracked the guy down and banned him for life from all Derby games. He wot be able to make abusive comments at football games.

but .... Wouldn't it have been easier and much more appropriate for Twitter to track him down and ban him for life from using their facilities? Then he won't be able to make abusive comments on Twitter , which is what he is accused of. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

This was actually the lead story on the BBC England web site today. I mean really???? The guy is a complete tool and may well deserve to be banned but is this really the biggest thing to happen in England today?   

It was the 'most-read' story, so what does that say about the interests of our goldfish-like attention-span population?

13 hours ago, Moist One said:

Hmmm, I was possibly one of the first to see his tweet and react to it, and then his subsequent answer to a response he got. 

What's obvious from reading this thread is that none of you saw what was written in his tweets. Some might say it doesn't matter, and it doesn't, as the intent was there to offend or hurt, so he gets what he gets and deserves it, but, I find it ironically comical! 

So the guy is a moron, no argument, but he's that much of a moron, that his tweet didn't even manage to be insulting enough and the reaction has been the catalyst for his punishment. 

When Sharp scored, a tweet went up saying Sheff Utd take the lead thanks to a Billy Sharp goal, this muppet then replied, quite simply 'dead son', nothing more, nothing less, those two words. He didn't even do a good job of mocking, insulting or being hurtful. It was, to me, obvious he was a bit special and trying to have a pop, but anyone not knowing the Billy Sharp story would never guess what it was about! So much so, that somebody tweeted "having a bad day..." directly to the moron, who then responded "he has a son who's died", which again, itself is a rubbish attempt at being hurtful, and some would say he's stating fact. That was it. The reaction and threats caused him to lock his account, then few hours later, delete it. 

If that is what was tweeted 

I stand by my opinion 

A terrible post to someone who has lost a baby 

But a lifetime ban TOO severe !

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Hope you are OK....

Where are you going this season?

Hi Paul. Hope you are ok too. Was sad to see the Rams season ebb away last time out and hoping that this one will be 'the year' for you. The Championship gets more and more difficult each year it seems and although it's a cliche, I think it's true.

I've given up on football for good. I've been to quite a few lower league games since stopping going to Derby as well as some Barnsley / Wendies games.

I've just noticed a more aggressive atmosphere at games, racism, hooliganism and general shocking standards of behaviour creeping back in. Also if you read any clubs forum and a large proportion of them is just fans being nasty with other fans, arguing the toss, often of the same club!!

This is not to mention the Premier League and the cash swilling about. I think the last straw was the other day. Being an Austria fan I know a great deal about Kevin Wimmer. He signed for Stoke for 18 MILLION on a FIVE year deal. He's a decent player but maybe 7 or 8 mill and that's a push. Dembele how much? Mbappe one good season and how much?!

It has to stop now for me and I just don't enjoy the game anymore.

Sorry to be so down!

Lol!

I'm currently writing a book about autistic / aspergers fans and football and how attending games is difficult as we get zero help or support. Hopefully I won't be getting any uneducated nasty comments from 'dead baby' bloke about autistic people and that we're somehow freaks ourselves.

Like I said, there is only one freak of nature and that is the bloke who taunts another about a dead baby. Still find it difficult to believe some aren't too bothered. Maybe they'd like to have this bloke as a son in law? Thought not.

Keep well Paul and all you Rams fans and keep the faith!! You'll get there soon!

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Young fool. Probably done more in thinking about it and apologising than many keyboard/mouthy warriors.

When you look at the thread you realise it's true about people in glass houses, Andy the forest fan having a go about derby fans and the doughty chant...yes it was bad but they seem to conveniently forget their chants about Kris commons baby, and also the open he dies chants as barker lay there with a ruined knee.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When you look at the thread you realise it's true about people in glass houses, Andy the forest fan having a go about derby fans and the doughty chant...yes it was bad but they seem to conveniently forget their chants about Kris commons baby, and also the open he dies chants as barker lay there with a ruined knee.

This might not be the place to air this, but ...

With regards to the Doughty chants, my recollection was that they only aired after Barker had obviously just sustained a terrible injury, and Forest fans seemed to be cheering and celebrating the agony Barker was in, which continued when the stretcher came on.

Not that I deplore or joined in with the Doughty chants. This was one case, where the stand I was in, had a mixture of people chanting about Doughty, others choosing to be silent, shaking their heads and obviously thinking this is below the belt, and others booing our own fans that some of us would stoop so low.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

This might not be the place to air this, but ...

With regards to the Doughty chants, my recollection was that they only aired after Barker had obviously just sustained a terrible injury, and Forest fans seemed to be cheering and celebrating the agony Barker was in, which continued when the stretcher came on.

Not that I deplore or joined in with the Doughty chants. This was one case, where the stand I was in, had a mixture of people chanting about Doughty, others choosing to be silent, shaking their heads and obviously thinking this is below the belt, and others booing our own fans that some of us would stoop so low.

It was in reaction to the barker chants yes. 

I do recall our own fans booing those who chanted about Doughty.

This is what annoys me about forest, fans and the club. One forest fan I worked with came straight in my office on the Monday having a go about doughty chants, when I said what about the barker chants he wouldn't have it.

Derby county issued a public apology too, which was never acknowledged by forest.

Likewise when fawaz had his car vandalised he took great pleasure in posting it all on twitter but not murmur from him when they wrecked the away toilets the following season.

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

I keep seeing this, but the tweets weren't TO Billy Sharp.

He'll have made a sick joke thinking only his mates will have seen it and his Twitter's just blown up 

Replying to a tweet from DCFCofficial with sheffield united official hashtag, wasnt the wisest move in the world eh?

Still think the life time ban is more a reaction to the current blaime culture and trial by media that we live in.

It will be forgotton in 2 weeks when the newspapers and websites move onto the next story.

Still if the club hadnt banned him for life, there would probably be people critising the club for not doing so. Such is the modern world.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Hi Paul. Hope you are ok too. Was sad to see the Rams season ebb away last time out and hoping that this one will be 'the year' for you. The Championship gets more and more difficult each year it seems and although it's a cliche, I think it's true.

I've given up on football for good. I've been to quite a few lower league games since stopping going to Derby as well as some Barnsley / Wendies games.

I've just noticed a more aggressive atmosphere at games, racism, hooliganism and general shocking standards of behaviour creeping back in. Also if you read any clubs forum and a large proportion of them is just fans being nasty with other fans, arguing the toss, often of the same club!!

This is not to mention the Premier League and the cash swilling about. I think the last straw was the other day. Being an Austria fan I know a great deal about Kevin Wimmer. He signed for Stoke for 18 MILLION on a FIVE year deal. He's a decent player but maybe 7 or 8 mill and that's a push. Dembele how much? Mbappe one good season and how much?!

Sorry to be so down!

Lol!

I'm currently writing a book about autistic / aspergers fans and football and how attending games is difficult as we get zero help or support. Hopefully I won't be getting any uneducated nasty comments from 'dead baby' bloke about autistic people and that we're somehow freaks ourselves.

Like I said, there is only one freak of nature and that is the bloke who taunts another about a dead baby. Still find it difficult to believe some aren't too bothered. Maybe they'd like to have this bloke as a son in law? Thought not.

Keep well Paul and all you Rams fans and keep the faith!! You'll get there soon!

I hope do. Hope the book goes well. I get what you mean about not getting support. I think generally to be helped with a disability you have to 'look' Ill, your disability needs to be evident visually.

I have the same sometimes myself, I look very healthy but suffering from my blood issues I can at times be so fatigued I can hardly stand. The problem is its not predictable.

I don't know but guess these are the sort of challenges you will be writing about. 

33 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It was in reaction to the barker chants yes. 

I do recall our own fans booing those who chanted about Doughty.

This is what annoys me about forest, fans and the club. One forest fan I worked with came straight in my office on the Monday having a go about doughty chants, when I said what about the barker chants he wouldn't have it.

Derby county issued a public apology too, which was never acknowledged by forest.

Likewise when fawaz had his car vandalised he took great pleasure in posting it all on twitter but not murmur from him when they wrecked the away toilets the following season.

Wrong way to think if you're generalising fans, you are doing the same as that chap did to you on the Monday morning. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I've see a poster on here wishing certain world leader to be dead.. Should they serve a ban as well? Is it any different because it's a world leader? 

It's probably about context Angry. 

I would have wanted Hitler dead if i was around during that time because he was an evil, psychotic murderer responsible for pain, torture, suffering and the death of thousands upon thousands of innocent people. 

Would i want someone's baby dead because they were so evil as to score a goal against my football team?

The first instance is the thought process of a normal human being. 

The second example is the thought process of a socially undesirable nasty piece of work. 

And some people question a life ban as too harsh? Wow. We are a tolerant society yes but on many occasions our tolerance isn't warranted. 

41 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's probably about context Angry. 

I would have wanted Hitler dead if i was around during that time because he was an evil, psychotic murderer responsible for pain, torture, suffering and the death of thousands upon thousands of innocent people. 

Would i want someone's baby dead because they were so evil as to score a goal against my football team?

The first instance is the thought process of a normal human being. 

The second example is the thought process of a socially undesirable nasty piece of work. 

And some people question a life ban as too harsh? Wow. We are a tolerant society yes but on many occasions our tolerance isn't warranted. 

I sort of agree and disagree.. Your example of Hitler is hard to argue against as he was a confirmed despot who took the world to war. Trump has done none of those things (yet), so posting wishing someone a horrible death on a forum is still unacceptable in my opinion. Does disliking someone give you the right to write such words on a public forum? I believe this forum rules forbid personal abuse.

If that was some yoof posting on Twitter and it was against David Beckham (for the want of a better example) or indeed a school mate, that would be unacceptable. I don't see the difference, all are human beings.

I am not digging out the poster in question as it was just bluster and should be taken as a pinch of salt but there are fuzzy boundries here. I get gloating about the death of someones child is horrible and the club can do no more than it already has. Well done Mr Morris.

Just what is acceptable now.. I hate political correctness and 'bantz' (again for the want of a better word), should still be allowed. But what is bantz nowadays?

Bantz is singing songs and poking fun at the opposition about anything other than things that are sexist, racist and sick ie about death or someone being a paedophile or whatever. I think most normal minded people would know the line between what is acceptable and what isn't. It's pretty simple to understand but yet that is what we're dealing with here. Pretty simple people. 

I hate political correctness too. The chant i hate is the one where 20 years or so it was acceptable to sing 'get yer **** out for the lads' whenever a woman walked across the front of the stand. First of all most of the blokes singing this wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance of puling said lady because they have the conversational acumen of an orangutan, the body of an orangutan and in all seriousness they would have nothing to offer the opposite sex other than crudeness and a lack of respect. 

This type of chant isn't bantz. It's moronic sexist blokes without any education sadly and i'd certainly report this and press for a lengthy ban. 

It's about taste and common sense. Sadly lots of fans don't have either so you get these issues. These people need eliminating from the game and the stands and society actually as there is no place for them anymore. 

26 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I hate political correctness too. The chant i hate is the one where 20 years or so it was acceptable to sing 'get yer **** out for the lads' whenever a woman walked across the front of the stand. First of all most of the blokes singing this wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance of puling said lady because they have the conversational acumen of an orangutan, the body of an orangutan and in all seriousness they would have nothing to offer the opposite sex other than crudeness and a lack of respect. 

I dunno I would fancy my chances but she aint getting those teeth around anything on my Orangutan body :thumbsup:

21jc9js.jpg

6 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Sorry to be so down!

Lol!

Hi Tony, hope you're doing ok.

I'm sure you know this already but does no harm to post again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-39308709

A couple with three autistic sons have persuaded a fifth football club to open a sensory room for fans with the condition.

Kate and Pete Shippey campaigned for all grounds to have them because their eldest son struggled to watch matches at Sunderland's Stadium of Light.

The club was the first to open a room, with a view of the pitch, last year. (full article above).

I recall seeing this on BBC television last year when the first room opened - I particularly remember it as my niece is autistic and we have several family members there or thereabouts!

I don't think Derby have one yet but they should have, in my opinion. I'd also like to see it opened up for adults and not just children as I am sure that the sensitivity does not go away with age.

Regarding fans' behaviour generally, I am finding some of them are rattling my cage at the moment. I spent a long time away from matches because of this and generally feeling unsafe at matches. I find I am not alone in this especially among female fans. When you're feeling threatened by your own fans then it's time to stay away.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Hi Tony, hope you're doing ok.

I'm sure you know this already but does no harm to post again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-39308709

A couple with three autistic sons have persuaded a fifth football club to open a sensory room for fans with the condition.

Kate and Pete Shippey campaigned for all grounds to have them because their eldest son struggled to watch matches at Sunderland's Stadium of Light.

The club was the first to open a room, with a view of the pitch, last year. (full article above).

I recall seeing this on BBC television last year when the first room opened - I particularly remember it as my niece is autistic and we have several family members there or thereabouts!

I don't think Derby have one yet but they should have, in my opinion. I'd also like to see it opened up for adults and not just children as I am sure that the sensitivity does not go away with age.

Regarding fans' behaviour generally, I am finding some of them are rattling my cage at the moment. I spent a long time away from matches because of this and generally feeling unsafe at matches. I find I am not alone in this especially among female fans. When you're feeling threatened by your own fans then it's time to stay away.

Sad to hear of this Angieram. I know from reading this forum you were an avid home and away fan so you must have been really put out to have stopped attending. 

I know of the Shippeys yes, thanks. Notts County have a few sensory rooms and they did very kindly invite to watch a match in one free of charge but i declined. Sunderland have some and i think Middlesbrough but the clubs with all the money won't bother as fans don't matter to them whether they are disabled or not. 

It is actually quite surprising how many people have kids with an ASD or know someone who has and also the number of fans attending games currently who do so with great difficulty as they just have to put up with and deal with their symptoms in order for them to be able to go to games. 

I've just seen first hand from going to lots of different games an alarming increase in drunken behaviour, loutish behaviour, obnoxiousness, increase in flares being let off (i've had numerous ones around me set off in league 2)  foul language even in family areas, aggression from fans, inappropriate and downright unacceptable 'banter and just a general undercurrent that i don't like and i feel the great strides many clubs made to turn the tide from that sort of stuff to a more civilised family environment is slowly being eroded. 

Many fans behaviour causes me a lot of stress and anger and we're talking at lower league grounds too with only a few thousand fans. 

I don't know what it's like at Derby with respect to this. I did write every football league club a letter asking them about their disability policies and prices and also what they currently have in place for fans on the autistic spectrum and the response was terrible.I wanted to get as much research done and info as possible for the book. I am intending to donate 10% to associated charities when each book sells. I got probably about 10 responses ffrom the letters and the others failed to even respond. Surprisngly these responses were mainly from lower league clubs who have the least resources and income. 

Derby County FC failed to acknowledge my letter sadly. 

The only Prem club to respond were Palace and no Championship clubs responded. Colchester, Scunny, Newport, Pompey, Donny Rovers and Notts County should be proud of themselves as they offered me so much help.

Anyway, hope you can get back to watching Derby soon. 

Archived