Lifetime ban for supporter following abusive social media posts

David

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This moron will get over not been allowed to go to Derby matches again.

He won't get over been publicly shamed in this way though.

Maybe there is a way he could do something to try and make amends. Raising money for charity, Community work, a full and heartfelt apology over what he did, educating others not to make the same mistake.

I'm glad he's been punished, but I'd be happier still if this person could be reformed.

Great decision by the club.

Why the individual singled out Billy Sharp for twisted personal abuse, I'll never understand. Throw the book at him and the bookends too.

Billy Sharp is a model professional and was only doing his job. If only our players were doing theirs, eh?

So what if he celebrated in front of our fans? So what if the fan felt angry? It doesn't even begin to excuse it.

He scored at our end of the ground. What was he supposed to do - scurry off back to the changing room and punch the air completely out of sight?

If you gift a top striker like him with two easy chances, he'll take them. Plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Say it was an official who had a tragedy..... I do wonder if it'll be only the one person who do it then..... especially when a decision doesn't go in favour of us. I'm thinking Mourinho and his comments which preluded to Mr Andres Frisks retirement..... 

Not defending what he did, he was a complete tool and he's going to regret it for rest of his life.

But what bugs me is the abuse officials get on twitter week in week out, and I've seen some despicable ones.... yet it gets played as "he deserves it" etc because of what they are. 

Hope in time the lad and Derby County get reconciled..... and maybe a donation or charity work of Billy Sharps choice may make matters a little better. Let's hope he can man up to that. 

NOT A SNOWBALL IN HELLS CHANCE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE CALLED A MAN

Social media is a plague. I don't know why people say such despicable things on there and think they can hide behind a computer.

It's all well and good trolling in terms of opinion on football. Who hasn't done that before?

But personal trolling and online bullying is just wrong.

You wouldn't say this stuff to a person'a face, so why do people think it's acceptable online? 

Twitter is awful.

Sith Happens

He probably wasn't that hard to track down, even a casual internet user can get to within a few streets of someone's home if they know their IP address.

He probably used his photo in his profile pic though.

If the case is as serious as the club has warranted to indefinitely ban the individual concerned then surely it is a matter for the police to prosecute the individual under Section 127 of the Communications Act, why has this not happened in this case then 

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

He probably wasn't that hard to track down, even a casual internet user can get to within a few streets of someone's home if they know their IP address.

Am not sure how the club would be able to determine an individuals IP address and thereby their location,  that would be totally over reaching their authority. If they deemed the Tweet was that offensive a remark to indefinitely ban the person then surely they would also be obliged to report the matter to the police .

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Am not sure how the club would be able to determine an individuals IP address and thereby their location,  that would be totally over reaching their authority. If they deemed the Tweet was that offensive a remark to indefinitely ban the person then surely they would also be obliged to report the matter to the police .

Yeah probably, I'm sure it does require some sort of request from authorities to do.

32 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Surely that's a police matter then not a matter for the club to adjudicate in

They may well be considering options. However they will have certain standards to meet, chances of conviction to consider, the impact on the wider audience of his actions, plus they have to meet a level of objective evidence - none of which the club needs to do. Its much easier for the club to react than the CPS.

Just when Forest do something absolute stupid with regards to fighting over a Pie... One of our fans think try and beat their moronic lot.

I have a lot of respect for Sharp I remember when the incident happened he came out and scored and dedicated it to his Son. I was disgusted when I read the tweet and so glad DCFC did something about it!

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I think he had his full name as his Twitter account.

13 hours ago, AlfretonRam84 said:

While I agree it was disgusting what was said and that it was definitely uncalled for and doesn't represent all of us, I can't help but feel a lifetime ban is not justifiable for this, people say stupid **** when they're angry. Not trying to defend what he did but just can't see why it deserves a lifetime ban. 

If it was possible to ban him in the next life (if there is one) I would endorse that. 

Archived